Medical Card question

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by BoxxTrucker, Oct 15, 2019.

1. BoxxTrucker

BoxxTrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2019
    My own DR is aware that my HBP is anxiety related. I’ve suffered from anxiety since I was a pre teen. I’m in my 30s now. I remember seeing my pediatrician and her commenting that she’d never seen a ~140/90 in anyone my age and my numbers have stayed in that same vicinity ~140/90+ for 20+ years. In spite of bad health habits and being garden variety over weight I actually have a low pulse rate and I walk everywhere too living in the big city. I doubt meds would work but who knows...

NavigatorWife and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The nurse thing did happen to me in Goodlettsville. She walked by just as the assistant was taking my blood pressure and my BP spiked. The assistant said something like, "WHAT, caused that; I've never seen that happen before." Had to wait a few minutes and retest. I stared at the floor until I tested again and passed.
    Thinking back about it, it was funny and I was the only person that knew what caused my BP to jump so high, so quickly.

quatto and rolls canardly Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    FUBAR is another favorite of mine. Effed up beyond all reason. You can apply your imagination to come up the necessary application of For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge.

I wondered about those who do not have the Maximus provided by our dear God and Savior and instead are equippted with a minor.

HE HE HE... I best go away for the day, there are days like today I get pretty dangerous... if only in my imaginary.

rolls canardly Thanks this.
  5. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Your in California, If you have a current medical in file with the state you are not required to update it with the new company supplied medical, Earlier this year, Actually last December I renewed my medical as it was going to expire, Whole Foods sent me to there there clinic, took it turned it into DMV so I was good for 2 years, then the main company I worked for decided to send me for a new medical that was suppose to be a random, but the clinic screwed up and gave me a DOT physical, so I took the new one to DMV and filed it, then I went to Legend and they sent me for a DOT pre employment physical and I also updated DMV, I now went to work as a permanent driver for Kemira, also giving me a new DOT Medical, So I ask at the DMV , they said as long as you have a current medical on file you do not need to keep turning in the updated physical, but you can if you want. So in short you are not required to turn in the new physical as long as you have a current one on file. At least this is the DMV's opinion in CA.

NavigatorWife, x1Heavy and BoxxTrucker Thank this.
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    always a good idea to NOT have any coffee or soda or high salt foods before any BP check..

or look at any "centerfolds" as well......

NavigatorWife, x1Heavy and snowwy Thank this.
  7. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    You might want to not except the job if you don't like the out come of the physical. I won't participate in sleep studies, they are not required, you can walk away, no study, no findings. w=Will mean that Prime or who ever won't hire you. Thats the part people seem to forget, is just say no and walk away, your choice.

rolls canardly and buddyd157 Thank this.
  8. BoxxTrucker

Aug 20, 2019
    Excellent response. Hypothetically, could concentra be d bags and submit a failed report on my behalf or without me knowing?

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I used to scare the bejesus out of those who are assigned to check my BP a year and 10 months ago when I ran 220 over 140 which was after 15 minutes of sitting still. A dallop of valium IV and a dallop of demerol followed by a touch of versed so I do not go out of my mind with those memories. In a dark room for 4 hours.

After the 4th hour I felt like I was 14 again ready to take on the world with 200 hour work weeks at the brick yard. (These are blocks, not cute little house bricks...)

The 6th hour of that later the medicines all went bye bye revealing to me the true losses of being middle 50's

Ive got a problem.

They have been working on it in the last 9 months now. Its a very good staff they have here.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  10. BoxxTrucker

Aug 20, 2019
    I promised myself I would never work for a major company after slaving 2+ years at [insertcrapcompanyhere]. And for the last 7 years i haven’t. But this dedicated opportunity would get me home every night and I need the money/benefits. I’ve been working in class C for the last three years and wouldn’t even consider going back unless it was a hell of an offer

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  11. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    By theory they could, but normally they give to you and whom ever pays for it, more likely the company might, wait a couple of weeks and go get a printout from DMV it will show the last reported physical date. If theres negative information it may change it, but as far as I know at this point they don't, However I could be incorrect. You could always ask them if they report the physical findings to DMV.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.