Medications

Discussion in 'Prime' started by WYWH, Jun 6, 2013.

1. WYWH

WYWH Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Mississippi
    I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor soon for a routine checkup before I head out (hopefully) for orientation. In the last year I have taken 2 or 3 medications that would not be allowed per regulations. My question is, if I have not taken these medications since around January, why would that be an issue? How would they know that I took them? I thought you would only have to report medications you are currently taking, and they do a drug test anyway. I can get a letter from him easily. I am just curious the process so I will know that I definitely need one before I ask him for one. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    If you haven't taken them since January and don't require them, I'd just not say anything at all.

4. springer

springer Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2013
    I agree as far as saying nothing, the less said the better off you are in todays environment.
    :biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

5. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Any temporary prescribed medicine has nothing to do with failing a drug test. That long ago it would only show up maybe in a hair test but if there are doctor records you have nothing to worry about.

The disqualifying drug list is for while driving. The drug test is for recent illegal drug use. How is it illegal if you were prescribed medicine?

6. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Make sure that you and your doctor update the list of your current medications. "Current" means any that you have taken in the past 30 days. If Prime asks your doctor for that list, you don't want those to be on it.

I've noticed that these lists MIGHT get updated annually, if at all. Nothing like them sending Prime a list of EVERY medication that you had been prescribed since you started going to that doctor, which is what happened to me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.