Medications

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Boredin, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Boredin

Boredin Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Ahhh there is alway a " that guy " on any board isn't there. I mentioned that I served 26 years. my injury was combat related. I was on harder meds at first and took me several years to find right combination to bring pain to manageable level. My original question asks if anyone has had similar exp and if I will be able to get hired. I have deployed many more times with the meds, led men, fought the enemy and was still running 6-10 miles a week before I retired. Physically I am in great shape other than than occasional upper back pain. Most have been pleasant and helpful but if all you have to offer is sarcasm.. Then ruck up, move out, and draw some fire. Not int in super truck know it all

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    LOL! Don't cry soldier...I was being helpful. You have to see for yourself if one of the two Med's are disqualifying or if you can get a note from your doctor to qualify you.

In the early 2000's I was put on a narcotic called Amitriptyline---most commonly used as an anti-depressant. Only, I didn't have depression...I had migraines...powerful, and painful migraines. The pills helped VERY WELL...but D.O.T. was about to disqualify me at my next physical, until a phone call to my doctor, and a fax from my doctor to the medical facility stating that the narcotic is for migraines and not depression, and will not affect my ability to operate a CMV.

That is your ONLY option....and if your doctor does not think you should operate a CMV (regardless of how often or when you use the meds), you are screwed. Simple as that.

And the "Richard Pryor" thing was a flashback, and a joke---but if it hurt you that bad, maybe you have more issues than you'd like to admit.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. Boredin

Boredin Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Not hurt feelings brother. Thought you were being a tool so being a career artillery guy. I just ordered up a counter battery fire mission. All good, that last bit was helpful btw

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  5. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    :D good thing that was cold coffee out the nose.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.