Mega carrier reporting false information on DAC?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Irish Tweet, Feb 13, 2021.

1. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    When they do a past employment check the old company will give the same info about the accident that was entered in DAC.

americantrucker89 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    When you jackknifed, did you have cruise control on? I only ask because the trucks I've driven with collision avoidance only brake while on cruise control. I've only driven Volvos with collision avoidance, so I don't know about other truck manufacturers.

4. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    If it is a Bendix system it doesn't need cruise to happen. I can tell you the one in the T680 I am currently driving has triggered a couple times, briefly, when I've gone under a shadowy bridge. Never enough to cause his issue, but enough to piss me off. lol

K_R Thanks this.
  5. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    DAC's termination report is a check off list, sounds like the person who filled out the report checked the wrong box or 2.

Hire Right works under the federal credit reporting regulations and the have to offer you the ability to insert your version into their system.

Prepare a contradictory report including the information from the PD report and mention the report number and state. They HAVE to include it by law.

First time I worked at a carrier who joined DAC; the first app I sent thru was a guy listing 22 jobs in 24 months and every one also showed his comments disputing those carrier's reports; don't be that guy but do get your $.02 onto your record.

wichris Thanks this.
  6. Dogenator

Dogenator Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2021
    It’s scary when it happens, not a fan at all. I don’t think I’m a fan of this DAC report #### either, my company said I damaged a trailer I was like show me pictures of it, (I know I didn’t, hit anything I did a walk around during backup) they were like uhhh uhhh there aren’t any pictures and I was like if you can’t show me pictures of it or the trailer then I didn’t ####in hit nothin. But when I leave it will still go on my DAC report. So #### me huh....not going to run the company down I’ve got a lot of good experience here however the DAC report is ########. We need to start a truckers court with judge Judy. Make a real #### show out of it.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    americantrucker89 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.