Melton: Orientation and beyond...

Discussion in 'Melton' started by billsgirl, Oct 25, 2009.

1. billsgirl

billsgirl Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    This is how it ended. On the way to Gillespie, IL with his last load, we stopped for a load check and we put a message in the QC that basically told them "due to the way I was treated in California, etc....when this load is delivered I am taking the truck and equipment back to the Youngstown terminal where I will remove our belongings. I am not giving Melton the courtesy of a two wk notice." All we got back from the dm was a msg saying she emailed Youngstown with the info that we were returning the truck and then they sent us a fuel stop in Effingham IL. I am somewhat skeptical that that fuel stop will come out of his last paycheck and that would suck but after all the nonsense he endured at the hands of that company, it's worth it. We got the truck back to Youngstown, cleaned it out, left the keys and caught a Greyhound roach coach home the next day. He is already in such a better mood. I hope that he gets his last paycheck but I don't put it past them to keep it and make up something about damage to the truck or unpaid advances. We'll see, and either way I will post it so everyone knows what happened.

Civilservant and cactusjack Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cactusjack

cactusjack Medium Load Member

Aug 2, 2009
    oklahoma
    So is Melton worse than Prime??????
    Or is it too close to call ?????

For me the California situation was unacceptable to say the least......
    They should of advanced you all some cash and at least apologized about having you all staying out there those extra days when there was no need for it...

Melton should be avoided by the way they treated you and I hope that you get your money due to you !!!

lowjo and billsgirl Thank this.
  4. billsgirl

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    I think Prime is the devil. However, I do believe that in the same situation we went thru in CA, Prime would have made sure we could have eaten. Let's face it, they pretty much charge you for breathing so a $50 advance would have been no big deal to them:biggrin_2559: I could not under any circumstances recommend either company to anyone though. Prime is currently sending Bill a statement for the 2 grand he was in the hole when he quit. They broke it down into 9 easy payments of 250.00 a month.:biggrin_255: Yeah, I am sure he will get right on that. They made so much money off him, they ought to know to leave well enough alone.

cactusjack and Civilservant Thank this.
  5. cactusjack

Aug 2, 2009
    oklahoma
    So 9 X 250 = 2250 are they charging interest ?
    I say let them sue for it they will never see a penny of it !!!!!

billsgirl Thanks this.
  6. billsgirl

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    I bet if he paid that off and applied again in 6 months they would hire him back. So greedy those bas^%%#s are. I have something else to point out about the beloved Melton. They have a fuel bonus that has to do with how far above 6 mpg you do. They call it Christmas in July, because it goes for 6 months at a time starting in December. It is purported to be around 6 cpm for every mile you drive if your fuel mileage is above so much and forgive me I don't have specifics at the moment but I do know that this year out of 1000 drivers, only 32 got the bonus. You can't tell me the drivers are speeding because the trucks are governed. They obviously have a way to make sure that you don't qualify for it. I heard from another driver that they use Rand McNally miles and then deduct the actual miles you drive and consider it out of route. I have no way to verify it, of course but it's another aspect of the Melton "family" that needs to be seriously considered before signing on!!!!!|

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
    Civilservant Thanks this.
  7. cactusjack

Aug 2, 2009
    oklahoma
    Most trucking companies find a way to get their truck drivers out of any bonuses......
    Last trucking company had a safety bonus..... no accidents , no speeding tickets, and 100% rating on road side inspections.......
    I got pulled over for doing 64 in an 60 zone and got an written warning .....Like a dumb ### i let safety know about it and they pulled my safety bonus for 1 year......
    Go figure !!!!

billsgirl and Civilservant Thank this.
  8. billsgirl

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Well, Bill got his final paycheck in the mail today from Melton. I was worried they would find some way to keep it, but they paid him what they owed him so I am posting it because I tell the truth when I write on this forum. So, end of story with Melton. On to hopefully better things that do not involve truck driving.:biggrin_25514: They didn't pay him to deadhead from Illinois to Ohio when we turned in the truck, but I can't say I blame them 4 that. It was his idea to drive there, not Melton's.

9. fetterski2424

fetterski2424 Bobtail Member

Most companies would have charged him the mileage from IL to OH to turn in the truck.:biggrin_25525:

Civilservant Thanks this.
  10. billsgirl

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    I was afraid of that, and that is why I half expected them to keep his last paycheck but it didn't turn out that way. I can't say anything bad about them in that respect.

11. billsgirl

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    cactusjack i read ur post on the other thread please tell me u r not goin to crime

truckerim2055 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.