Melton: Orientation and beyond...

Discussion in 'Melton' started by billsgirl, Oct 25, 2009.

1. cactusjack

cactusjack Medium Load Member

Aug 2, 2009
    oklahoma
    I will be in orientation in Springfield , Mo. Crime is not it...... You should of known better then that....HAHAHA

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. billsgirl

billsgirl Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    I didn't think you would really go there but times are tough man and sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :biggrin_25522:

Twisted turtle Thanks this.
  4. Twisted turtle

Twisted turtle Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Norwood, NC
    I got a call from Melton this morning. I'm so glad I read this entire thread. Hat's off to you for doing that. I've worked for one company since I got my CDL for 7 months. Pretty much the same story as what you have told here. I have read pages and pages of driver's stories on this forum and have come to believe that this entire industry is an incredibly huge scam on new drivers especially. I don't know what to believe anymore about who's a good company or a bad company to work for and at my age I don't have the time or desire to go through alot of heartache to find out. So, unless I can get a local job driving, which I probably won't with only 7 months experience, I probably will go back to carpentry or cab driving or playing music which believe it or not actually paid considerably better than my time truck driving. So, good luck to you and Bill and be safe.

Civilservant and billsgirl Thank this.
  5. Roscopeco

Roscopeco Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Mcloud,OK.
    Jd quietust read some of the blogs.I'm going to their orientation this Monday.Did'nt hear anything about debit cards for dinners sounds good to me. Paperwork said $40 for tarps not $30,free lunch also.As for the hard work I'm ready,have gotten so out of shape hauling vans.And coming from a team co. going solo will be a blessing.Peace and quiet for once.

6. Dixieland Delight

Dixieland Delight Bobtail Member

May 27, 2009
    Seville, FL
    Hey Roscopeco,where are you headed to orientation at.I am headed to birmingham on march7.

7. Roscopeco

Jul 11, 2010
    Mcloud,OK.
    Hi Dixie,They was able to get me an open slot that become available. March 2nd.Be going to Tulsa,Ok.

8. Roscopeco

Jul 11, 2010
    Mcloud,OK.
    Oe h boy, I'm on a greyhound now heading to Tulsa for orientation with Melton and after reading your thread man. To late now no turning back,can't be no worse than the. co. I just left. I agree somewhat about what you said about the industry. Thats why I'm going to get my maritime credentials as a backup industry to get into e problemif all do is get burnt no matter where I go. I know there's gotta be some decent outfits there,the problem is finding them and being at the right place and time.Sorry to hear of your heartaches nobody needs them life is hard enough,good luck to you both.

9. truckerim2055

truckerim2055 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Ochelata ok
    Roscopeco how are you liking melton so far.

10. musicmaker

musicmaker Medium Load Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Fort Madison, IA
    whats wrong with playing music, lol

11. billsgirl

billsgirl Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    So happy to be back on line!!!! To those who are thinking of going to Melton or actually going there, I wish you all the best of luck. Bill has been driving local in Buffalo since October 2010 delivering hospital linens to area hospitals and nursing homes. I miss the road. I miss living in the truck. I will never miss sitting in front of a 49,000 pound steel coil loaded suicide. Although our experience at Melton did not work out all that well for us, I am hopeful it will be a good fit for others, and it must be because last I heard they had over 1000 tractors on the road. Be safe out there!

Civilservant Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.