Melton: Orientation and beyond...

Discussion in 'Melton' started by billsgirl, Oct 25, 2009.

1. MyGuyisATrucker

MyGuyisATrucker Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2011
    5 Cities, CA
    BillsGirl, I want to thank you for posting an honest representation of what being a Melton driver was like. My BF just got a call from them and was very interested in flatbedding for them. He'd asked me to research them and, luckily, I came across your posts. I copied and pasted some entries to email to him and he's decided that Melton is not for him. He doesn't mind driving hard and working his butt off, but he also won't risk his livelihood. Thank you again for helping me to keep him from such a terrible company! Good luck to you and Bill!!

billsgirl Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. billsgirl

billsgirl Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    I posted an honest account of what happened to us while we were there. If Bill or I can answer any questions for you about Melton, please do not hesitate to ask!! If we can answer honestly, we will; and if we don't know the answer, we will tell you that too. We wish you and your guy the best of luck in your trucking career!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  4. Roscopeco

Roscopeco Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Mcloud,OK.
    truckerim. things are going good so far. enough miles 2500 to 3100 wkly. No sooner that I drop a load in a short time got another one lined up. The longest that I waited for a load was 2 or 3 hrs. They take care of their equipment and pay is decent. I have a fm who is a go-getter. They are pretty professional, they play it by the book.but like any company they have their drawbacks. Most drivers I see here seem pretty happy so that is a plus. First time flatbedding, I like it,

5. billsgirl

billsgirl Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Hope that your experience there continues to be positive. Best of luck to you!!!! Be safe please, it's tornado season:biggrin_2554:

6. thegirlfriend

thegirlfriend Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2011
    l.a. , ca
    bills girl... u have done a great thing here. I have a 3 year old, live with family and we are losing our home in the next month. I always said I would never date a police officer or any other man in uniform who may die and not come home one day at the end of his shift. I never thought twice about it when my man decided to become a trucker. He can drive like he was meant to do it. But as you can guess, now we are in a world of hurt. I am appalled that an industry built on the backs of our fathers and husbands can treat their most precious employees so horridly. CR England was a complete nightmare. So inhumane that it should be illegal. A man who leaves his family to serve our states and keep the thread of the economy strong from behind the wheel of a moving weapon should be held at the highest level of respect. Alas, it is too late I did hours of poking around online before we decided he should go out for melton. He missed the greyhound (not his fault, greyhounds fault) and borrowed a considerable amount to fly to orientation. He is in the air now, as I stumble on your post. Dont know how I missed it. I will have to tell him of this as soon as he lands, we will have to get him home. We are trying to avoid being homeless in the bad light of this jobless economy, lord knows we have been through enough. sounds like Melton works a lot like England only with an equally dangerous weapon on top of the truck weapon. A $300 check with them was almost a relief, we had some settlements in the negative. He ultimately couldnt take the treatment and walked away from the leaase. Thank God I had packed his truck with all the non spoiling foods I could get with my food stamps before each trip. Please pray that I can turn him around right after he lands in Tulsa. We just cant afford another nightmare, it will take the roof from our heads this time.

7. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Before you tell him to turn around and fly right back home, please remember that Billsgirl started her posts back when freight was slow for everyone. I'm not saying that your husband or billsgirl's for that matter would/will get 3000 miles a week now, but it IS a lot better than it was a year and a half ago. I've only been with Melton for a little over a month, and I've only had one bad week (1970 miles), but I have not had a problem with sitting for a long period of time. (yet).

UGA79 and Civilservant Thank this.
  8. dirtynecker

dirtynecker Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Easton,MD
    I realize this is an old thread. I got a message from Melton today looking to hire me on. I have no experience yet, so I don't qualify to go there yet. I am looking for any current info on Melton. Can anyone help? Regards, Dirtynecker.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.