Melton Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Martino Mafia, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Flatbedn

Flatbedn Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Missouri
    The Birmingham yard did have a tornado go through and flipped a lot of trailers but has since been cleaned up and is a really nice terminal but very small. That is where I went to orientation last week.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Martino Mafia

Martino Mafia Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2013
    South Florida
    Cool I will keep everyone posted on how it goes with Melton. I know the company is making a hard push to be a good company and stand out against the rest of the feild, I just hope they live up to their reputation.

A good friend of mine just started last week and did his first run today and he says it's all good with them so far. Everything went well as promised and not a glitch so far. But it's only the 2nd week in so we really cant gage them as of yet.

Stay tune my fellow truckers.

jomar68 Thanks this.
  4. Flatbedn

Nov 12, 2012
    Missouri
    I will say this, they really really really preach safety. That is not a bad thing at all. They don't like to keep bad apples for long which is a good thing. The securement is much much different than many other companies. Everything should be over secured. From what I can tell so far if you do as they teach you will have no issues.

jomar68 Thanks this.
  5. Martino Mafia

Martino Mafia Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2013
    South Florida
    Thanks flatbedn, I will keep that in mind and do as they say. I never think I can do better or have a chip on my shoulder when it comes to learning. I mean I'll be a rookie so I will absorb everything the company and my trainer will teach me.

6. AZS

AZS Honk if anything falls off

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    good luck, I started flatbed with swift, they have bad rep but the flatbed side is pretty good, pay isn't the highest however. Anyway, look forward to seeing your progress.

7. Triletter

Triletter Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    I have been with Melton for 90 days and am very happy with them. They have followed through on every thing they told us in recruiting/orientation. I have never had a problem with pay or getting home in a timely manner; I do tend to stay out longer. Had minimal trucking experience and the learning curve was pretty steep at the start. The 4 days of orientation is good, but through a 4" fire hose. They have resources on the QC in their trucks and give you securement and operating manuals. First DM was easy going and great about teaching, but moved on to another position. Current DM is no nonsense, but easy to get along with. Company has gotten me the miles I need while setting me up to succeed. I have had the opportunity to hit 39 states in the short time I have been there. Have I sat at times, yes, but it was due to no freight, me running my 70 out (stupid rookie mistake), or a snafu between a customer and the CSR that I got compensated for without asking. They are more than willing to deadhead you a couple hundred miles to get you a load, too. (All miles are paid whether loaded or not.)

Bottom line: I really enjoy them and plan on being here for a while. Are they perfect? No, but neither is any other company. They are a good fit for me.

Just my $.02.

jomar68 Thanks this.
  8. kissmydac

kissmydac Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2013
    daphne,al
    melton has nice equipment but i thought they only ran 63,66 is not to bad,do they get you home every week?and what do they pay a mile loaded and empty?

9. Flatbedn

Nov 12, 2012
    Missouri
    Home is after 14 days for me. They said out west is like 3-4 weeks out I think. All miles dispatched are paid miles.

10. maxdcat123

maxdcat123 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2013
    pa
    Question about dead head miles are they paid the same or less?

11. Flatbedn

Nov 12, 2012
    Missouri
    Paid the same I believe according to my settlement.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.