Melton, Whatcher 20

Discussion in 'Melton' started by wyndup, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyndup

wyndup Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Pine Valley, CA
    Last year was my first entire winter. Had a load last year in warroad MN. -25 degrees. Tarps were so frozen that all I could do was fold them up in a big square and strap them to the trailer. Spent almost the whole winter north. I am hoping the winter is not as bad this year and that I don't spend my whole time in snow and ice

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wyndup

wyndup Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Pine Valley, CA
    I avg about 2500 miles a week. Last winter they kept me running I was getting around 2400-to 2600 a week all.winter. pay is good. Top 1% bennies are above avg IMO.

Surfer Joe Thanks this.
  4. jsprocket

jsprocket Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Columbus, GA
    Plainview TX. Disappointed in my Georgia.

5. bnrobot

bnrobot Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2014
    So. CA
    20 miles from cons at rest area on turnpike in ohio. I passed.the 2 other meltons that loaded before me and took off. One of them is a trainer with a trainee. Deliver tomorrow at 7pm, wanted to sleep in for awhile so got as close as i could tonight.

6. Mrh2008

Mrh2008 Road Train Member

May 25, 2012
    Mesa, AZ
    I'm right here! Where are you!?!, lol

It's been a rough week. I haven't been on in a while. I've spent the last week forcing melton to get me home for home time! I got in late last night, but i have to head out to LA in the morning to deliver. They say they'll deadhead me home for the rest of my home time afterwards.

Pay and bennies? The best I can find... In august the whole fleet got 2 cents. A little insider knowledge says we're getting another 2 cents in the very near future.

I've threatened the wife with "I'm quiting and coming home" a couple times now. Her response is "no, you're not. We need Melton's insurance." I guess that says something about Melton's insurance policy.

As for miles, I did 12,000 miles in october.

[​IMG]

Surfer Joe Thanks this.
  7. jsprocket

jsprocket Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Columbus, GA
    Heading to Laredo in morning stopped 100 out so jet clock is ticking and stuff. Gonna be a packed house seeing a lot of us picked up this circus stuff and seeing a lot of them drive by.

8. floydborga

floydborga Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Hey Triletter, what exactly does this mean??

"and you're vested at 3 yrs"

9. bnrobot

bnrobot Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2014
    So. CA
    It means if you leave melton, all the money melton added to the 401k you get to keep.

Triletter Thanks this.
  10. floydborga

floydborga Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    That's what I thought..thaks

11. DayoldMeatloaf

DayoldMeatloaf Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2014
    San Diego, California
    I think they will match your contributions w/50% only up to 7% of your salary. So if you made $50,000, and contributed 5 grand. The company match would add up $1750, and this is only from $3500 (7% of your income).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.