Menard's freight

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Steeleandsonfarms, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Steeleandsonfarms

Steeleandsonfarms Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Edgerton, OH

That's the kind of post that I was looking for. The loads I was looking at were broker loads. I may run from this one. Dang it. I was hopeful...

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Big Bad will give You his input, if he didn't already.

He knows them from IL.

4. Steeleandsonfarms

Steeleandsonfarms Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Edgerton, OH
    This was the first phase of investigation. There is no point in getting specific advice if the general deal is junk

mp4694330 Thanks this.
  5. Edgar2191

Edgar2191 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Are u talking about the dc from holiday city? If you are run! They dont pay backhaul I got less the 2 a mile unload times are terrible 2 hours while they were all bs ing not doing anything before they even start unload. Oh yeah and dont think they will unload it all and let u leave they take 1 pallet drive across the entire lot put it aways 10 mins later another 1 yeah their the worst. Menards is kinda like mh walmart experience to many workers yet no one does anything 10 fork lift drivers only 1 unloads u. 20 cash registers ony 1 person opened at the register.

6. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Thanks Bullhaulerswife, I was thinking in the past he did work for them, and something went south with that deal.

7. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Hold on Folks......

My experience (The little I have) With Menards was the DC in holiday city

Cusromer Service was Professional....Loading time(Live) was Fair average 2-3 hours to load

I Used them as a Backhaul to Chicago area Maybe 3-4 Times within the Last 5 years........Unloading Times at the Stores in Chicago Area were Exceptionally FAST..(No More than 1 hour to Unload)

Now this is Live-Flatbed ..I cant Speak for Van Deliveries

Rates were SubPar to fair with FSC....But I Knew that before I started

8. HomeTownHauler

HomeTownHauler Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Eau Claire, WI
    It's a whole different ball game if you sign on with them as a owner op. I don't know where people are getting this info from.

You haul their trailers.
    You get paid miles back to the DC as long as you have back haul on trailer.
    They have a sliding pay scale.
    You take priority over everyone being unloaded except company drivers.

It might be different down there but, I have inside info from them seeing as how I'm a company driver for them outta Eau Claire DC.

9. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    I usually have had no problems going into DC's, as it is always a drop and hook deal for me. The stores, that is another can of worms. I finally swore off Menard's a couple of weeks ago. In one week, 3 delays. Norfolk, 2.5 hrs. St. Joseph, 3 hrs, and the grand prize winner was Lincoln, at 4.5 hrs. The last two were on the same day! A 2 stop insulation load. So there is no more hauling to the stores for me. Ticked me off enough, that I have a standing deal now, that when I, or a contractor I hire, do any work on my property, NONE of the materials are to come from Menards. Not a shingle, a board, or a light switch. NOTHING. I know it won't put a dent in their sales, but it sure will make me happier.

10. BROKENSPROKET

BROKENSPROKET Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I haul TO stores and DC's, but my boss said he will NEVER take another load FROM Menard's.

As a customer, not a truck driver, I love Menards. I even worked at a DC for a time and my son worked at one of the store while he went to school.

I hate Home Depot, before I became a truck driver and was working construction, now even more as a truck driver.

Only once did I have a bad unload at a Menards, 2 DC loads in the gate and another DC load that got there after me but took priority over me.

I even root for Paul Menard, even though his old man can be an ###.

11. BROKENSPROKET

BROKENSPROKET Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I haul flatbed. I have to park where they can get to both sides with forklifts. Sometimes they have 2 or 3 unloading me at once. Me thinks it's a priority to get faltbeds in and out as fast as possible, because customers are driving around back there too, ya know. And I am in the way. Just a thought.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.