Menard's freight

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Steeleandsonfarms, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Yeah, I think the flatbeds get bumped up in priority for the reasons you mention.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Well... I know this is an old thread, but thought I would revive it rather then start a new Meards Frieght thread...

I have been on the Menards account for almost two months now.. for the most part I dont have many complaints... I run from 2am to 2pm generally and it is a pretty easy and straightforward gig... now, for me, I live near the DC in Valley NE, so it is a home nights and weekend gig... I slip seat a day cab, but I lucked out at got a co driver who like myself likes a clean organized truck, so we slip seat well....

I generally call my dispatch when I am near the yard and find out my load/loads... I for the most part always get assigned a flatbed, I have been given a van twice in the two months that I have been on the accou t... but, they know I prefer flatbed over van, and we have another driver who prefers vans... my loads are generally ready to go when I get there, although once I did have to wait about 15 minutes for them to finish.. I get unloaded pretty quckfor the most part at most of the stores I go to... with the exception of darn Lincon Ne... they are so so slow there...

If I had any complaints... it would be that the way they load thes trailers is pretty entertaining... sometimes it is like a remedial Jenga... the tarps take a beating and are crap.. lots of holes and tears, which get caught up as your pulling off the tarp.... sometimes it is as simple as just climbing on top the load and getting the tarp loose... other times it is more of a fight... but, I am new to flatbed and learning tricks and stuff all the time...

I think it is funny that I have to open my door at the guard gate when I am leaving so the guard can look in... supposedly to make sure I am not stealing... but, really, from the ground where there stand and look in they can not see anything... maybe my lower left leg on the clutch and my fuel cloves... but, they give me the okay and I take off...

What is the trick to pulling off crappy lumber tarps off a remedial jenga load...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.