Menards lease program

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Larocamaro, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Larocamaro

Larocamaro Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2019
    Hello recent grad I went to a community college passed about 3 weeks ago I put apps in all over trying to stay local so far I've got waste management interview residential driver and I applied to menards I told the guy on the phone I had no experience other then school he said he could get me in a lease purchase program driving within a 250 mile radius home daily he sent all the paperwork to fill out and 70% of it is foreign to me it seems crazy they would hire a new grad as anything more then a company driver right?so all you experienced drivers please give me some advice it sounds kinda fishy to me take care

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I wouldn't do it.
    Which town do you live in?
    You're better off driving a garbage truck locally than trying to survive on a lease/purchase doing local runs.
    If that's absolutely all you can get, then give it a try. I wouldn't though.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  4. IH Truck Guy

IH Truck Guy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Purgatory
    Run away from any fleece purchase.

Dennixx, Opendeckin, cke and 3 others Thank this.
  5. Larocamaro

Larocamaro Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2019
    I sure appreciate it! I live in northeast ohio now. I called the one in holiday city,ohio just to see if they had anything local around Cleveland area I said do you guys hire recent cdl grads he says YAAAAAAAAA wanna lease purchase? We only go in run in a 250 mile radius or something like that what's your email?I told my wife time to log on trucker report and ask the big dogs for help!thanks guys!

Deere hunter and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I would not recommend it . I am in a lease purchase and it is working so far but i dont recommend it because u dont have any driver experience. It is alot of things to take care of and look after ,when ur trying to run a profitable business out here. and i cannot imagine trying to do this as a complete rookie. Keeping it out of the ditch and learning this job for the first 6 months is hard enough. . If u wanna do a lease u need to have control over loads and rates , otherwise u will never make any money. Especially if they are paying u by the mile , run far and fast from that deal.

Suspect Zero and Larocamaro Thank this.
  7. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Ruan is the in house carrier for menard's they have no company trucks. Ruan runs ads all the time for drivers to run out of holiday city. Don't know if they hire new graduates

Larocamaro Thanks this.
  8. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Larocamaro Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.