Mercer Van Division

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by vontrial, Jun 9, 2011.

1. vontrial

vontrial Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Tupelo, MS
    I was looking for info on Mercer van division. Anyone run van with Mercer General info.Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thx in Advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I was kind of curious about that division also
    I had thoughts in a year maybe 2 of buying my own trailer And maybe making a go of it with a fully paid for unit ( truck & trailer )

1. Van
    2. Flat

Just curious

4. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Most of the O/O's around here that are with Mercer are flatbedders. I drove for a fleet owner over there for a few months. Here is what I can tell you from my experience there.

I was given full control of the truck by the owner and told what per mile rate I had to maintain. As long as I maintained that average then he said he would never bother me. Even though I maintained a higher per mile rate then he told me he still bugged the crap out of me so I left.

The good thing was I got first hand experience of being an O/O without the investment.

What I found is if you could stay in the midwest to the carolinas lanes then the rates were decent and steady freight. If you weren't elsewhere it was very iffy and lots of deadheading. The other lane that seemed to always have freight was from the Carolina's to California and Northwest. Also from the northwest and California back to the Carolinas but the rates were crap both ways IMO so I never ran that stuff.

If you have any specific questions I'll try and answer them about the van side. There is a long thread on here also in the section about Mercer in general.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...-questions-the-inside-scoop/49528-mercer.html

5. lonelyswmtrucker

lonelyswmtrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    does anyone know if mercer hire felons? i am one but it's a non violent felony. any help is appreciated.

6. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    You do know Mercer is 100% O/O, right ?

7. lonelyswmtrucker

lonelyswmtrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    yes i do allow me; but i am wanting to find out if they do. some o/o companies either won't hire felons or they have restrictions

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.