Messed up before I even got started.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by HopefulOleTrucker, Jan 25, 2020.

1. HopefulOleTrucker

HopefulOleTrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Thinking of attending trucking school in a few years. Will anyone still hire me?

I got caught tonight driving without insurance and expired registration. I know I’m an idiot but I just got my car fixed and was out driving it. I was honest with the officer and told him I’d just started steady work and couldn’t afford it. I got the same ticket in 2012 but I got insurance before they went to court and it got dismissed. I’m going to go get insurance in two weeks when I get paid and plead guilty. My court date is Feb 24. What penalties will I likely face? Will this knock me out of getting a good job later on? Should I even tell my boss? My court date is on my day off.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Yes, you will get hired. Avoid any further issues and you will be fine.

4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    I dont think it will matter at all. Just dont get any Dui, speeding ticket, following to close, or suspended license and you should be good to go.

bzinger, Badmon and snowlauncher Thank this.
  5. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Depends on where you live. Here in jersey being caught without insurance warrants a tow and a fine. You’ll get the car back when you show proof of valid registration and insurance plus storage fees which the city takes a hefty cut from the tow man. Besides that it’s not that serious. Not to get political but thankfully it’s like that because of the illegals here. Hey I ain’t complaining I got caught a couple times myself.

Sirscrapntruckalot and rachi Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    99% of trucking companies will hire you.
    Don't get any speeding tickets, running traffic lights. speeding 15 mph or more over the speed limit and you will be ok.
    Must pass a hair follicle drug test. More and more companies are using the hair follicle drug test vs. urine test.
    Get sleep apnea under control with a machine that can download data showing proper use. You may be required to show CPAP compliance for the previous 90 days.
    Here's a website for CPAP supplies : www.rpmhst.com

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  7. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    In three years those tickets will mean nothing.

8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    you are DOOMED, DOOMED i say..they will take your first, and third born kids. they will take your dog away, and they will castrate your cat.

your parents will have to go live in a poor house, and when they die, be buried in "Potters Field" a known place for the poor.

your mistress will become a prostitute for the government and you will have to pay all her expenses.

satisfied now you got those tickets..???

Rideandrepair and CrappieJunkie Thank this.
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    This school is free and no contract to sign. I think you're paid $10.00 hr. during school plus meals and lodging.
    This company has dry van and flatbed. Because of your weight, I'd apply for the dry van division.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    R. E. West Transportation
    https://www.rewest.com

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's a trucking company paid school in Knoxville:
    Driving School – TLD Logistics
    https://tldlogistics.com/driving-school
    CDL DRIVING SCHOOL With locations in Knoxville, TN, Crossville, TN, Morristown, TN, and Lebanon, TN, TLD Logistics can get you trained and on the road in no time. Owned by Toyota Tsusho, you can count on TLD Logistics to have the latest equipment and state-of-the-art simulators that will get you on the road quickly.
    [​IMG] upload_2020-1-26_7-0-31.jpeg

11. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    Around here if you plead guilty ( just pay the fine) for driving without insurance they suspend your license. It happened to my nephew.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.