Metal Transportation - Multiple Addresses

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by eofeapr, Oct 9, 2005.

1. ole trucker

ole trucker Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2010
    your city ,pa
    If any one is looking for mark long shore he is in oswego terminal at least two to three times a week. Lost some metal that workers were turning in for cash .Good for them .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HardwareHyena

HardwareHyena Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Depew, NY
    I think my truck was a bull nosed Pete, chrome stacks and some engine idle bull s## left me freezing my f### ### off in January just to run 5 mph over 67 through Ontario from Alcan or Alcoa some place we shipped aluminum coils outta up there, Good pay at the time, grand a week once or twice. Truck 478 I think. They can ruin your credit by a lingering name and USIS quick.

Ask me more...

4. IMissTheRoad

IMissTheRoad Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Lorain,Ohio
    Ok so I worked there and moved on. Stephanie and Robin work in the office doing payroll and dispatch. Stephanie worked very hard to keep me moving and I never had a Paycheck issue.

The only issue I had was with equipment or otherwise I may still be there. This company is heavily scrutinized by NYDOT and NYSHP. The cherry pick them every time they see one of them due to the history of poor equipment.

I am not here to run anyone down, just to report what I dealt with as a driver. Tami Kinney is now in charge of a shop that was improving when I left, however she had about as much of a clue what to do as a 5 year old studying Nuclear physics when it came to taking care of road service and repairs.

I was constantly having tires replaced and break downs and was asked if I could make it to the shop. Sometimes it was 500 miles away or better. I was asked to run with badly cupped tires and sometimes steer tires with cords showing because they didn't want to replace kingpins in a timely fashion. My first truck smoked and leaked about 2 gallons of oil a week and the mechanic told them that it was "normal" that detroits smoked like that. The trailers were so old that two to three time a week I personally would have to repair lighting and even the female receptacle for the pigtail in some cases.

Right before I left I came into the yard to find one of our trucks wrecked because the deterioration of the 5th wheel play had gotten so bad that the king ping had broken from the trailer plate and forced the truck off the road and turning the trailer on its side with minimal damage to the truck it's self. That was the point that I told myself that my life may be in danger if I continue with this place. So then I moved on.

I met Longshore once and Chris a couple of times and I have come to the conclusion that Longshore is a shifty person that clearly has more important things to do than take care of his business. I was there for 10 months and only knew of him to show up a grand total of 5 to 6 time at most. Chris seemed more concerned with things that Mark, that being said her was more of a salesman and pitch man for Mark than a business manager. Very likeable guy, but didn't know how to take care of the entire entity that is Katalyst (Metal, Xxpress, etc.)

One thing that stood out for me as far a payroll was that fact that the only thing with the Katalyst name plate was the Doors of the trucks. Everything else was Xxpress.

It is true that there is no worker comp insurance paid, and I had an incident where I had to go to the hospital and deal with a slue of billing issue because they wated to pay for my visit in cash. None the less they did pay it and I was never billed once I brought the bills into them to pay them.

I personally never made it out to SLC or Sarasota, but from what I know the Sarasota address is the personal address of a guy named Richard (Shadow) that drives for Mark that has been there for over 20 years. The only operation he has is in Oswego,NY ( http://maps.google.com/maps?q=43.486556,-76.444444&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&z=18 ) that is a truly functional office that is slowly crumbling to the ground from the outside in. The SLC location is merely a formality. The only person ever there is Chris and he screens all messages before answering and calls, more than likely due to bill collections.

All in all I didn't have a nightmare of a situation working there but it was far from a normal working environment. I hope I have been as objective I can be in the descriptions and events of my experiences. I also hope it helps some of you with your decision to either work there knowing what you are getting into or even if it deters you from seeking employment there.

5. mama bear 19

mama bear 19 Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2012
    albany,ny
    so do you know if the repo guys are still looking for marks red coronado or the other newer trucks ? just curious is all lol

6. 1laidbacktrucker

1laidbacktrucker Medium Load Member

May 3, 2009
    CHATTANOOGA TN
    I remember shadow, he still over there, how many drivers are over there now and are they still driving them same ol trucks from 97.

7. ole trucker

Jan 3, 2010
    your city ,pa
    I (Richard (shadow) Bowman)don't know who you are and far more I was never ask if My name could be used in this subject. I wish to have my name taking from this subject and never to be used again.
    Signed,
    RICHARD (SHADOW ) BOWMAN

8. ole trucker

Jan 3, 2010
    your city ,pa
    Now they have a new name on side of their trucks and plan on reciving in a couple of months 4 new tractors and one new trailer. Name is : KW logistics. Same owner just new name . Feds getting close and had audit dot high fines log book .

9. ole trucker

Jan 3, 2010
    your city ,pa
    by the way, people that don't believe in what is going on in metal,xxpress,katalyst express or the new one kw logistics need to go to katalyst longshore and read what is on that site about all mighty mark longshore . The company is bad news unless you don't think much of you and your family then go to work there...

10. shreddredy

shreddredy Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Dallas,TX
    I think we should reveal some of the idiots behind the stupid trucking handles.

#1 Ole trucker is not Richard Bowman. He is Dave Burch a dirtbag that works at Gypsum Express in Baldwinsville NY. He was fired from Metal and has not worked there for years.

#2 Cyber trucker is James Harris another one who got fired for being a idiot.

#3 Mrs Oxidizer is another W/C fraud dirtbag by the name of Alice Aber.

11. CyberTrucker1995

CyberTrucker1995 Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Fultondale, AL
    Shreddredy you seem to be misinformed. I was not fired. Quite the opposit of being an idiot as you claim I was smart enought to leave. I recall giving my two weeks notice. Most of the posts here are put here to help someone from making a big mistake such as working for a person like Mark Longshore. By whatever name the company is running under it IS a bad company to work for. The "new" name, Katalyst Worldwide Logistics, is not new at all. I have a cached webpage from 2 days after I left back in 2008 bearing the very same name. If and when legislation is passed to stop people like Mark from continually changing names to avoid problems I Will go after Mark again. Just so you know Shreddredy I was the one behind his trucks being repossessed. Mark was smart enough after the last one to figure out someone had his number. Had he not gotten together with Chris Hobbs to roll his pennies we were set to get the other two trucks the very next morning. One more thing to the idiot behind the handle Shreddredy. Since you apparently think you're so smart answer this for me. Why would anyone want to work for a man that "pays" a 20cpm per diem? It gets Mark out out of paying part of the employees taxes and I have heard but not verified, it reduces his W/C liability. And we all know he doesn't like to pay the state of N.Y. The last I read he still owes New York over $300,000.00 in W/C payments. He sure sounds like an upstanding individual. What the 20cpm per diem does for the driver in the short term is make his check look really good. However since half of the drivers pay goes unreported his earnings as far as Social Security are concerned are half what they actually are. Think about that when you want to retire. The second thing this does if the driver is a runner is make him pay more taxes. This is because the IRS looks at the over payment on the per diem as untaxed income. Now the driver has to pay not only the income tax but the full SSI/Medicare tax as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.