metropolitan plays games

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by lucky01, Jul 21, 2011.

1. sltdf

sltdf Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2010
    bridgeport ct
    Certain people get the better runs because the company makes certain people do the stuff certain drivers can refuse .... in otherwords its two companies, the club members can refuse the lower paying and less efficiant runs-sometimes 6 per week while thier club members get two runs-the high milers and are home in 7 to 8 days....i did my tour of duty, changed that alarm clock 10 times a week some weeks just to keep up and always asked for more work. A YEAR LATER management told me if $30,000 per year,home bi-weekly wasnt enough, then clean out the truck. SO I OBLIGED THEM. they deny that anyone can refuse a load ...i met those drivers-the ones grandfathered in that kept thier .45 and .52 cpm rates when the company went thru some very hard times. I RESPECT THAT HANDLING of thier senior drivers...but why do i have to carry the lower rates so they can please drivers with less seniority than my year of service??? SIMPLE -if you are a minority driver you get what they think you should get........REMEMBER- 325 DRIVER COMPANY....325 TO 425 HIRES PER YEAR....ALWAYS 10 TO 35 POWER UNITS IN THE YARD READY FOR THE NEXT CANDIDATE. i recomend this company to retirees' on social security,guys with highly paid wives, income from other sources etc etc. treatment there is good but wages and who gets that money is CONTROLLED.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RavenRyder

RavenRyder Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2013
    MA
    I guess I can scratch them off the short list... I refuse to drive for under $45,000 a year... some will say good luck with that... I'll say thank you and blame you and drivers like you who will work for 30K for giving the owners the balls to pay so little... and get away with it.

If you worked a 40 hour a week job for 52 weeks that's 2080 hours... 30K divided by 2080 = $14.42 an hour... So that's 8 hours a day... 5 days a week, sleeping in my bed and eating dinner with my family... going on picnics, camping trips, ball games, seeing my grandchildren's school programs.. go to a movie... go fishing... because I have the time and I'm not exhausted.

Also too... think about the fact that about 30% of that goes to taxes... so now your takehome is probably $23K a year... I don't know what the answer is... just that I personally am working on alternatives

You're going to live in a truck 24/5, have 48 hours off, pay for your road food... get a shower? For $30,000 a year. Right out of truck school in 1994 I was making $42K... but I won't drive a truck for less than $900 a week... that's $46,800... at least then... after taxes and everything I would take home about 35K... that would give me $675 cash a week.... not rich, but livable....

4. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    They shouldn't be on anyone's list! Look at their website. If anybody is okay with those working conditions, your aiming very low!

5. boo boo kitty

boo boo kitty Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2013
    one dm was a driver until he crashed while drunk and lost his cdl. apparently they liked him so he is now a dm. may i add that some drivers are treated differently than others for whatever reason. drivers that complain are probably not going to be in the circle of trust. you must be well liked that's a god thing. be safe out there truck on!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.