Mexico Trucker

Discussion in 'Mexican Truckers Forum' started by Laredo, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Laredo

Laredo Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Hello,

I am new to the forum and have been reading all the posts. First I want to say that I live in Laredo, TX and and have family members in the Monterrey, Mexico area.

Mexico Trucker, you I don't know why you are trying paint a rosy picture of Mexico. I can't seem to understand your motive.

Northern Mexico, including Monterrey, has serious problems right now. If you don't believe me, ask any realtor in Laredo, Texas, and ask them how the rental market is. There are very few rental houses available in Laredo because anybody with money, is fleeing Nuevo Laredo and Monterrey because of the violence.

Most business owners from Nuevo Laredo, whether it be trucking company owners, freight forwarders, Customs brokers, etc, live in Laredo, TX. The likelyhood of being kidnapped is a reality. With the frequent gun battles that occur in Nuevo Laredo and Monterrey, the reality of being in the wrong place at the wrong time is real.

In many places in Monterrey and Nuevo Laredo you can't call the police because there are none. Many departments have had all their officers fired and the military has tried to do their jobs.

You need to paint a more accurate picture of what is ocurring.

Regards
    Laredo

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Laredo

Laredo Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Mexico Trucker, you posted "To answer the others gentlemen's question, ZERO truckers have been hijacked, robbed killed or otherwise compromised that I can find based on my daily reading of over a dozen Mexican news sources from around the country and from talking with contacts within the Mexican trucking community"

You must not be talking to with many people. How do you think those road blocks in Monterrey occur. Truckers are hijacked and their trucks are parked blocking the highways so the military can't responds to shoot outs.

Many companies aren't even reporting trucks stolen because dealing with the authorities trying to get the truck back can get expensive as everybody wants the mordida, or merdida as you stated.

07-379Pete Thanks this.
  4. MexicoTrucker

MexicoTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Saltillo, Coahuila - Mexico
    Those trucks being used for road blocks in MTY are technically hijacked although the drivers get them back without loss of cargo when the thugs move on.

I think you are basing your criticism on what you read in the media and not from first hand experience. On the other hand, I have homes in Nuevo Laredo, Monterrey (Gral. Escobedo) and I travel back and forth regularly.

Personally, I've never been targeted or felt threatened. Not even Friday when the Mexican army took out 4 bad guys in front of my house, losing one of theirs in the process.

Just for Sh!ts and Giggles, this video was taken by my son from our living room, posted on his Facebook page and used without permission by Pro8 News this past Friday.

Gunfight in Nuevo Laredo 1-27-2012

My point is that Mexico is not a 24/7 war zone as our media likes to portray it as. And the military and Federal Police are quit capable of handling the situation. That part is what US media outlets are not reporting.

5. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    And neither is Compton.

MexicoTrucker and 07-379Pete Thank this.
  6. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Where would you say most of the violence occurs.....When it does?

7. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Actually...Compton is quite tame now compared to how it was back in the 60's-90's.....The Bloods and The Crips moved to Rialto and Fontana....."Mo Valley"....

Running down Central or Alameda isn't that bad anymore....Not like running 8 W/O 10.....:biggrin_25524:

Prof.Gringo Thanks this.
  8. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    All I have to compare Compton too. Is the mid 80's to early 90's. LOL

Ain't been there in years.

Actually, I feel more comfortable in Mexico. Wonder why that is?

Prof.Gringo Thanks this.
  9. 07-379Pete

07-379Pete Crusty Commando-Pete

Oct 3, 2008
    Campbellsville, Ky
    Yeah cops and bad guys have shoot outs all the time in front of my house too. I never fell threatened either, in fact I dont even get up to look out anymore it so common.:biggrin_2559:

Anyone besides me find it funny that a guy from Mexico tells us how safe it is yet has a shoot out in his front yard. LMAO:biggrin_25526:

Mommas_money_maker and blackw900 Thank this.
  10. Prof.Gringo

Prof.Gringo Light Load Member

Mexico has it's hot spots and it's safe zones, but the problem of late has been that formally safe areas have become hot zones where drug violence is taking place.

Anybody that wants some specifics, feel free to PM me.

11. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyCEexG9xjw&ob=av3e"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyCEexG9xjw&ob=av3e[/ame]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.