MGR Freight System

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by TuckerFresh, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Perk100

Perk100 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Perk100

Perk100 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2018
    Next .Souther S refrigerator

4. sangtito

sangtito Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2018
    Thanks for the info

5. sangtito

Sep 20, 2018
    Hi Steven, sorry to hear that. How long did you sign to rent the truck for and did you lose any money by returning the truck?

6. sangtito

Sep 20, 2018
    do not trust any ####

7. Jay G

Jay G Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2018
    • There are three ways you can work with MGR freight systems.
    Lease as in rent, lease to own and owner operator.
    I leased as in renting from them from the beginning of October until mid November.
    The cost to rent the tractor is $800.00 and $200.00 for the trailer per week.
    You need to know that there are other costs associated with renting their equipment. They deduct insurance for cargo, physical damage, occupational etc.
    And then there are fees like transflo, rental mileage, paper processing, direct deposit etc.
    They also deduct truck and escrow deposit just in case.
    In all, it costs approximately $3,300.00 per week to rent their equipment. Then add the cost of fuel, tolls and to some extent, lumpers.
    You are looking at on average $5,000.00 in operating expenses.
    In the six weeks I was with them, the most I grossed was $4,800.00 which is a far cry from the five grand needed to break even.
    I spoke to a few owner operators while on the road and they told me they were averaging averaging out the same.
    In theory, it looks good but in reality, it did not work for me.
    My last two pay checks were under $4.00
    And that was without all deductions factored in. I was on the truck everyday of the six weeks and anxious to drive.
    The loads I picked up ranged from .60 cents a mile to $2.00 a mile. They will not force you on any load but rest assured that if you keep rejecting loads you will realize that the ones you rejected were the better ones.
    I must add that I spent over $600.00 fixing their truck because of problems that they created at their shop.
    The trailer brakes were too tight on one side and burning rubber, the hub oil was leaking because they did not tighten the nuts and the tire had a slow flat because they used the quickfix stem to patch it.
    Now that I have returned the truck, the shop charged me $20.00 to fix some unspecified item on the trailer and today I got another bill to pay for air glad hand seal for $95.00
    Nope, it did not work for me and I will never go back to MGR

sangtito and Northeasterner Thank this.
  8. Perk100

Perk100 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2018
    Thank you for that info..I will not be going to mgr.

9. Jay G

Jay G Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2018
    You are welcome. ..there is more to come but I have to wait up to ninety days to see what else they deduct from the little deposit that I had paid in

10. TruckerRob71

TruckerRob71 Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2018
    hey everyone.. oh man. I was just approved and hopefully should be starting soon. A bud of mine told me to sign up to this site and check out the reviews but all ive been seeing is mixed stories.
    Dont know whether to run the opposite way or give it a shot. All i keep reading about is fee after fee after fees. Any other leasers out there with this company who are doing good?

11. Jay G

Jay G Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2018

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.