Micro Management has grown 200%

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by haz-matguru, Mar 13, 2017.

1. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Gonna fix that for ya Mack

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I could go along with that, but the entire country doesn’t do what we do for a living. ;)

RustyBolt Thanks this.
  4. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well the DOT did get involved, but not in the way you predicted. Instead of hitting the shippers and receivers with fines, etc, they are now allowing drivers to use personal conveyance to get from a shipper/receiver to the nearest truck stop or other parking area.

Shippers and receivers will NEVER be held accountable for delaying a truck or driver.

snowlauncher and 06driver Thank this.
  5. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Don't Know Your Job - Book Says You're Doing It Wrong.jpg A perfect picture to describe micro management

6. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Thats one reason I drive local now. I get 1 text with my 3 loads & then I send a text with the trailer I delivered & the mty trailer I pu. On friday I turn in my time sheets for the week & pay is direct deposited every other week. I talk with a company rep maybe 2 or 3 times a week if at all.
    My job is so easy I almost feel quilty for how much they pay me to do it.

Derailed Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    When I was with FFE, I get all the forms out of the room at Lancaster Texas once or twice a year when I finally show up.

I do anything and everything I can that at all possible keeps me far away from ANY company yard with company people able to tell me what to do. That is why I value extreme long hauls. Yakima Wa to Boston Market downtown over 6 days. Don't bother me. lol. I'll call you.

Long ago before that on Sunday I would be issued 25 drops in the North east. And then get told not to call unless I have a problem. Friday evening I am back at the yard with a empty truck and a stack of signed bills. (This is with a reefer no less)

I did not know it then but it was sometimes the best of times for me. No boss, no muss, no hassle, no frivilous make work bs and so on. Nothing. I was a true captian of the ship so to speak.

The North East is probably the worst part of the entire USA to work in with a 18 wheeler bar none. But I made it work because I never knew that little truth.

8. Mosinee dave

Mosinee dave Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2018
    I am going on my 40th year. 38 of those as my own company. No ELD older truck, as my own boss I don't have to answer to some college clown in a cubicle telling me what to do
    Established a route from Wi to SW Mo and back to WI. Been doing this route for 30 years now.

9. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Well most of the companies with cameras, or hide in the bushes somewhere to spy and record the driver, and micro management have a high turnover rate. I'm sure there is a way to fix that

10. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Unfortunately a lot of them are the companies that once required 5 years of experience with a spotless record and were everyones goal to work for someday. Someone usually had to retire in order to get in there. Now I see them advertising for drivers and offering sign on bonuses

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Mosinee dave Thanks this.
  11. pigsooie

pigsooie Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Micromanaged! sounds like someone worked for (Blue Bird) Marten. Got to love theses collage kids so called driver managers and or planners. Ever worst at SRT! bye bye Charlie!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2018
    Reason for edit: Inappropriate comment
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.