Microwaves & Inverters

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Lonni, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Lonni

Lonni Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I have a small space saver Whirlpool microwave 700 watts I have a 2500 watt inverter without 5000 watts peak the microwave works on house current fine but when I plug it into the inverter light comes on table turns but doesn't heat anything up if anyone can help me without this problem please email me at lonnie1959@gmail.com

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. antoinefinch

antoinefinch Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Phenix City, Alabama
    do you have inverter hooked directly to battery,if so may need pure sine wave inverter it would be strange? need more info

4. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    Try and cook some thing in it. I run a 1000 watt off of a 2000 watt inverter and it works fine. Takes a little longer to cook compared to 110 from the house.

5. Travisroland

Travisroland Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    I have a fridge and a microwave on my cheap 1600 watt whistler inverter.Works fine.You don't have some thing hooked up right or that inverter is no good.I like this Whistler inverter

6. scottlav46

scottlav46 Road Train Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Escanaba, MI
    I prefer a toaster oven never had a problem heats better than a microwave and best of all I'm never tempted to whip up a batch of that nasty microwave popcorn thinking that somehow Orville redenbacher finally made it less vile

7. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Is the wiring large enough to supply the inverter ?
    Some items require a pure sine wave inverter, but I've never had a problem running a microwave on a modified sine wave inverter.
    I had one microwave that would do what yours is doing, just turned out to be that the door wasn't completely closing properly.

8. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I just changed trucks and my microwave worked fine in my other truck... Turns out in this truck I have to have the engine running to power the inverter to supply the microwave with enough power to actually run.

So, maybe try it with the engine running?

That's all I got... Good luck!!!

9. Lonni

Lonni Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Thanks for all the replies but it works fine with other Microwaves just not this whirlpool space saver I just purchased

10. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Return it... :)

11. Lonni

Lonni Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I tried to but the place where I purchased it are being a$@hol@s and willi not allow appliance to be returned

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.