Microwaves & Inverters

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Lonni, Feb 11, 2016.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Contact the manufacture.
    They might have better customer service.

May we ask where you bought it so that we can at least get them some bad press and maybe be aware to avoid them too?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Some microwaves are sensitive to inverters that don't produce a true sine wave AC line you get at home.

This can cause reduced power or malfunction....even damage to the electronics.

4. Ladychevy454

Ladychevy454 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2018
    Hello, my husband and I bought the same microwave and we have bought a 10000 watt 5000 watt Peak inverter and still did not work. We are realizing now that there are two different types of inverters the modified and the pure sine. We didn't do enough research obviously LOL did you ever get your Whirlpool microwave to work in your truck? And if so which inverter did you purchase? Just curious since we will probably be buying another inverter now LOL

5. Ladychevy454

Ladychevy454 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2018
    Hello, my husband and I run into the same problem. It acts like it works but it Heats nothing up. Obviously it takes the pure sine inverter, and obviously we didn't do our homework before we purchased it. LOL did you find a solution for your Whirlpool microwave? Did you buy a pure sine inverter? If so which brand and what wattage do you by if you don't mind me asking? Because we are going to be buying one soon. Because you can't return the whirlpool microwaves for sure. Thanks

6. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    pure sine wave is what your mirco needs..

some things don't like dirty power (modified sine wave) I have 2 roadpro 1,500 invertors in my truck, I can charge my laptop on one but not the other

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.