Mid Florida Tech in Orlando

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by JohnCooperWorks, Oct 13, 2011.

1. vmaggs

vmaggs Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Sarasota, Fl
    If swift will take you, sign on and put your time in. If you have a good attitude and not a winer, learn the ropes and you'll have a new career. Good luck, like I said try to get into Tom's class, he is a real cool dude and a great instructor.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnCooperWorks

JohnCooperWorks Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Orlando
  4. TKnowsT

TKnowsT Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Quick question, Would Financial Aid help me pay the school? I've been reading and a lot people are saying $2-$6 just for the school, and I dont have that kinda of money. I know that there a Company paid CDL schools/training but they sound fishy to me (considering what I've read and heard)

5. Ben Gunn

Ben Gunn Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    I went to MFT's orientation and the instructor said the school has a very small amount of financial aid available, but only about $500 for those that qualify. If you're eligible, you would still need to come up with the remaining $1700. Of course, you should talk with their financial aid counselors just to make sure this is accurate.

6. JohnCooperWorks

Sep 3, 2011
    Orlando
    Day 1 Classroom lecture

Day 2 Classroom lecture am
    Backing 1/8 mile oval pm

Day 3 Classroom lecture logs am
    Coupling and uncoupling pm rain

Day 4 Classroom lecture shifting am
    Coupling and uncoupling,100ft alley backing pm

So far everything is great,Instructors are very fair and are willing to
    do everything they can to make sure you have the skills/knowledge
    to perform the activitys for each lesson.

100ft alley backing has been the most demanding lesson so far,hope it goes better once my eye glasses arrive:biggrin_2556::biggrin_2556:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  7. Ben Gunn

Ben Gunn Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    JCW, I wish I could have gotten in that class with you. I start TDI in Sanford one week from tomorrow. It's a lot more expensive, but I can't afford to wait any longer. Best of luck to you.

8. JohnCooperWorks

Sep 3, 2011
    Orlando

Ben

We started with 9 cdlA students and are now down to 5. 2 became sick/injured,1 could not shift and changed to cdlB ,1 just left after the first day.

Best of luck at tdi:biggrin_2556:you should have gone company instead and saved some money.

vmaggs Thanks this.
  9. vmaggs

vmaggs Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Sarasota, Fl
    Glad to see you chose MFT, do you have Tom and Darren as instructors? If so tell them Vic is still trucking and glad I went there. Small class means more road time and overall better experience. Good luck.

10. JohnCooperWorks

Sep 3, 2011
    Orlando
    Yes Nitwit and Darren are teaching my class.They are funny as can be,have a hard time keeping a straight face during class.

Doing the dance monday on the shift track.

Will let them know Vic.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  11. vmaggs

vmaggs Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Sarasota, Fl
    Yeah those guys were great. I'll try to stop by if I get the chance. I do run by there, usually when I'm heading home but it all depends on the timing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.