Mid States Express Inc.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by littlestitches, Jul 17, 2007.

1. broadwaybill

broadwaybill Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Bankruptcy has nothing to do with their stealing...The bills go back for years. They have been stealing by deceit. That is the point.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. madinmichigan

madinmichigan Light Load Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Grand Rapids,mi
    The story on the 401k..when he was let go and we found out that they had bounced two check and were taking money back out of our savings, we figured that since he was done with employement there, that we would roll his 401k over to our investor. We have since learned that since Andi was the Administrator of the 401k, and she is no longer there, there is no one to administor the 401k. The Hartford said they cant do anything about it either. It seems all it takes is a form to release the 401k call "distribution papers". We along with other Mid States employees cant get at the money. Some people are probably needing this money to help them with house payments, medical bills, car payments etc. It is not their money, they cant use it to pay their bills as most of it been turned over to The Hartford and it is invested. But....I checked the money that was taken out of his check from Jan1 to the day he stopped it which was in February and they took out a little over 500.00 and from what I can see on his statement from The Hartford only a little over 300.00 was put in. So what happened to the other 200.00? So if there were a bunch of employees that had money taken out from jan to present..how much did Mid States not put into the accounts? Was the Life and Disability insurance premiums ever paid? Who knows? If they were more then willing to keep the money from the medical insurance that everyone paid in, what would keep them from not paying into other funds? The bottom line is..It just continues to amaze me that a company can employ people, take money that belongs to employees for different insurances etc and just keep it and not put it where it belongs! So how hard would it be if someone called the main office and said..hi..i need distribution papers..ok whats your address and we will get them sent out? I guess that must be a hard thing for them to do

4. jodi242

jodi242 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2009
    MSXN has not paid the insurance premiums since Dec 08. That is why no one received cobra paperwork for our insurance.

5. boone315

boone315 Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    black lake ny
    From what has been written here, I think you guys should get together, secure a good lawyer and file a class action lawsuit, you folks are getting it stuck to you big time and there has to be something you can do to get your $$ and get these guys stuck in jail before they relocate, start another company and do this allover again, good luck

6. jodi242

jodi242 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2009
    madinmichigan

Have you called the Galena office or the Hartmanns to try to get the release paperwork you need for your 401K ?

7. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Hey all,
    this just occured to me... You got bad checks, right? I don't know about other states, but in Ohio thats a serious "no-no" to write a bad check. Do any of you still have the checks? If so, you need to contact someone about being written a bad check. Just a thought...

8. madinmichigan

madinmichigan Light Load Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Grand Rapids,mi
    I did read that if they write a bad check that is criminal and they can be prosicuted. That even if they file bankruptcy that is just protecting them from creditors. But writing the checks before they filed, knowing that the bank was not going to fund is a crime. I mean...before i write a check, I make sure my money is there to cover it, dont you? We are off to a lawyer as soon as we can get an appointment. I want to know exactly what our rights are, and what happens with a Chapter 11 bankruptcy. I have been doing a lot of googling on different subjects to maybe understand all of this. With 401k and wages some people are out thousands...and then add the medical bills that they have not paid and it goes even higher. I did read that the bankruptcy court looks at employees being paid 1st, as they were part of the company helping to build assets for the company, but then you hear about people not getting their money, so here we all are stuck in a rut. I am sure that on May 6th when they post something new, it really wont be anything new at all.

9. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    going to an attorney is the best way thing you can do. it will take care of all the questions that you have. hope you hear things that will help you get your money

10. jodi242

jodi242 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2009
    I just found out that Andi will be in the office this week, so if you need to contact her about your 401K this might be the only week you can make contact. Her ext is 4004

11. gharleydude

gharleydude Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Oak Creek, Wi.
    Hi people, I recieved an email from a reporter with the Milwaukee Journal sentinal today. The reporter expressed some interest in this story. I am not sure if because of the fact Wi. did not have as many employees working for Mid States as some of the other states did, they will invest any time on this or not. But they did offer a phone number and asked that I call in to discuss the merits of the situation, so who knows. One can only hope, eh? BTW, if there should be any Mid States, Milwaukee terminal employees out there who should happen to be reading this, would you consider contacting me? I would like to discuss certain aspects of this situation with you, and to put your stories together, in case this reporter should actually decide to investigate and run with this. You can contact the moderator of this board, and he should be willing to put you in touch with me I think. Thx. G

Baack and madinmichigan Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.