Midland 75-822

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by brutus51, Dec 6, 2017.

1. brutus51

brutus51 Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Just purchased the 75-822 along with a mag antenna for vehicular use.
    Can't get a signal with either antenna. Parked my car on a bridge over a major interstate and got nothing with either one. In addition the m3 scan button doesn't scan it only advances one channel and stops. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA

The mag antenna is the right idea. You won't hear much of anything with the rubber ducky antenna.

Dumb question perhaps but when you try to scan is the squelch knob turned far enough clockwise so as to tune out the background noise?. If not, she will stop on every channel

4. Timin770

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    By the way, the CB is not the cacophony of noise it used to be. You can easily encounter silence for quite some time. If you could find another operator to radio check you, it might rule out a perceived problem

5. brutus51

brutus51 Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Thanks for the tip turned down squelch knob and it scans just fine. My next step to find someone with a cb setup to give me a radio check.
    This unit seemed perfect for my needs, didn't want to drill any holes in the car and liked the portability factor. Plus the rubber ducky antenna and battery pack make short range communication in the hunting field attractive. Back in the day a full blown Cobra would be no problem in my pick up truck, but I have downsized to a granpa Arcadia with a lot less room.

6. Timin770

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    I consider the howlers and frustrated DJs as simple background noise, much the same as the ####### you find at every ####tail party.

I hung up my CDL keys in October, so I simply hang my 75-822 on the mirror in my 4-wheeler. I take the rubber ducky off so

7. Timin770

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    ooops pocket posted. I take the rubber ducky off and from a distance it looks like a mic hanging on the mirror

8. Timin770

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    I charged the large sealed battery pack last night for maybe only the second time in 2 years, and this morning there was a puddle under the battery. It still runs the radio but I'm not sure how long. Also not sure if I'll try to buy another battery pack. Obviously I don't use it much

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.