mikey b's prime experience

Discussion in 'Prime' started by MikeyB., Dec 8, 2011.

1. imyouroldman

imyouroldman Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Yeah, I agree Mikey 5 hour energy is GREAT! I just finished up PSD and waiting to go out with my trainer here at SprgMo. When I was PSD, I did most of the night driving and we had a whole bunch of 600-700 mile overnight trips. I was fine until that 4:00 am to 5:00 am "witching" hour and then I tried a 5 hour and boom, I could cruise right into the 90 for an 8 am appt feeling great!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nashville Driver

Nashville Driver Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Nashville, TN
  4. MikeyB.

MikeyB. Medium Load Member

Nov 21, 2011
    MA
    what makes 5 hr energy for me better doesnt give u a crash . if you drink coffee like i do with alot of sugar your asking for it

5. Nashville Driver

Nashville Driver Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Nashville, TN

Yep, your smart....in your situation it makes sense to go that route. As a new driver avoid that sugar at all costs, its sets you up for a whole host of health issues.:yes2557:

6. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Actually, you guys are much better off with a 30 or 45-minute nap. While caffiene has its place... a so-called "energy drink" (caffiene and sugar) just sends your blood sugar skyrocketing, dumps a ton of insulin into your bloodstream to deal with it - and you are still fatigued.

7. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

And, according to the Mayo Clinic, there is no scientific evidence that energy drinks have a positive impact on your energy. Taking a nap and staying well-hydrated (meaning WATER) is far better for at the cellular level than any additive.

GSWx and McBjork Thank this.
  8. MikeyB.

Nov 21, 2011
    MA
    if im extremely tired i wont bother with energy shots but if its just a pick me up im good to go. i was working security over nite drivin site to site . i used to park at a site if i had extra time before my next site and catch some zZzZzZz. but beside that picked up a tyson load from arkansas goin to johnstown ny. waited 27hrs for fcc to approve our load so we could be on our way. hopefully testin for cdls next week. nervous as hell.

9. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Youll do fine. Just relax n do what u know to do

10. MikeyB.

Nov 21, 2011
    MA
    thanks i appreciate that a lot comin from flatbed bed king:biggrin_25514:

11. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Np The King is always happy to help lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.