Milan Express??

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by George, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Bama J

Bama J Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Huntsville, AL
    Stay away from Milan Express and try other companies that will treat you better. I worked for them for a short time and didn't get along with the dispacther or the personnel dept. I admit some of it was my fault but make sure you cover ##### or get yourself trouble. Keep a copy of receipts for any cash or credit card purchases you want to be reimbursed for and make sure you do those trip sheets correct. Some bimbo down there didn't pay attention what was written on the trip sheet and didnt know what had happened to it and said she throws them away. Treated like a liar and six months later only got back half of what spent. Make sure you understand what the dispatcher says and what is written on that qualcom. I lived in Milan for several years and met a lot of people that didn't like driving or working in the office for them. If your desperate enough, go ahead

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    They aren't hiring newbies right now. I am going with Werner.

4. hardluck528

hardluck528 Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2010
    jackson,tn
    I currently work for milan express. I have been with the company for over 15 yrs. I agree with the other driver it use to be a family run co, good to work for.Over the last year it has been in a decline. I have had my pay cut twice,401k contribution taken away and vacation days cut in half.
    As far as the ad on craigslist in nashville, do u believe everything u hear?
    I dont see any of that happening at all. The guys in jackson Tn linehaul cant even get enough work to last all nite.Just my two cents from the inside............

5. Bun_Bun

Bun_Bun Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2008
    south bend Indiana
    Well I made 2 months ... I was pulling 10,000 a month in a day cab (everyother night at home IF LUCKY) they didn't tell you anything but your next stop. Even parts dept had difficulty getting parts (was told they owed to much to dealers) final week I was 4th night out from home and told to "find somewhere to sleep along the way" from cleveland to nashvilleTN (day cab and no directory of terminals, everything was find it as I go along) when I complained dispatcher said "drive it or I'll fire you there on the spot and you can walk the 300 miles home like I did the other driver"

6. milldog

milldog Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2010
    jackson,tn
    EVERYTHING Bama j is saying is right on the money went throu the samething.3 trucks breakdowns in 2 weeks,2 in one day.After the truck was PM .Truck i was put in broke down later that night.Week later the truck they fixed the main airline popped off wasnt tightened back down,,lost brakes,lol..Oh dont leave anything in your truck aswell ,sure bet it will come up missing...23 cents a mile isnt worth the treatment or your life.
    Stay away sinking ship.

7. turkman

turkman Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2006
    Anybody got info about this company? looking for a line haul position.Thanks in advance.

8. turkman

turkman Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2006
    why this post was moved here? is this where i can get inside scoop?

9. turkman

turkman Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2006
    Anybody out there? needs some info about this company.

10. fishingtimmy

fishingtimmy Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2010
    do not go to work for milan. They cut the pay 16.5% holiday pay cut to 50%. Use to get 1 day a month worked no its a half day a month. they dont wash trucks cause it cost to much. centralized dispatch out of tn. i worked there for five years and it just started getting worst so i went to fedex freight. much better company.

11. smitty0405

smitty0405 Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2010
    My husband has been working with them for a little over a month. He is a night shift line driver. He is overall very satisfied with the company. He has had over 2200 miles every week, and the dock pay is decent too. The only thing that might be hard for some people is he doesn't know where is he going to end up at the end of the night. After leaving his terminal he heads to his first stop. It is there that they tell him where he will end up going. But if you go home every night and can only drive 10 hours a night, how could you make any money? But they put him up in decent motels and keep him running.

All in all, this company isn't too bad to work for. My husband really loves his job and would recommend this company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.