Miles Cut

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by Bristol, Jun 25, 2012.

1. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Talk to ur fm ll him u want otr might have to wait into the 1st.

Sittin in Columbus oh at Conway fright picking up to dallas

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. paul_4lp

paul_4lp Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    LOL....Pete is that your idea of a local run haha!!

4. TruckerPete1990

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    no i had 2 local runs!!!!! then he gave me this one lol:p told him i was pissed cuz i wasted 2 1/2 hours at the first local cuz they lost the paper work then he sent me back there 2nd time was fine then he says here ya go:D

$20 bucks is not worth my time the traffic here sucks plus i was headed to the truck stop that is 20 miles away 2 times and kept geting those dam locals lol

5. shadow8800

shadow8800 Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Texas
    Awww Pete...know what you mean though, sometimes the traffic is not worth the pay for load...stuck for the night at Houston CW Freight yard...saying lots of prayers that they get a load to us by tomorrow so it will count for this week...please, please lol
    Night All and thanks you guys for the info and for chatting with me today I needed a little support Stay Safe :biggrin_25526:

6. TruckerPete1990

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Keep ur head up;) its gonna get better.

7. shadow8800

Sep 19, 2012
    Texas
    Thanks Pete...Well at least got DH to Waco for a Tractor Supply load but those don't deliver till Mondays but better than sitting until then and it put a little over 300 mi toward this week. He found a guy in all his phone calls yesterday who got him this load, it wasn't his regular dispatcher but the guy told him to call back on Monday AM and he would try to get him pre planned for another load, so crossing our fingers.

8. Getstepn

Getstepn Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Chesterfield Twp, MI
    So.....some positive energy is in order. Since I did all of that complaining it is only fair to say that my fm really did come through for me by the end of the week. Ended with 3003 miles due to the load that I dropped at 7:30 am this morning. She got me a long weekend run without the crappy Tuesday delivery that seems to sometimes happen. Boarded and ready to begin my week.

9. Roadrealtor

Roadrealtor Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    Getstepn, gotta take the good with the bad. Don't get too hung up with a low week, and keep tabs on your monthly average. Most bad weeks get followed by a good one or were preceded with a good one. Glad it worked out.

10. shadow8800

Sep 19, 2012
    Texas
    Hi RR we do understand there is good with the bad, but there are also some people who are dropping the ball. Don't get me wrong some work really hard for the drivers but some don't. It's hard not to get discouraged when total pay for last 4 wks is 1300 bucks, and 4 weeks before that 1700. One low week is fine but well over 2 mos is hard to take. We are praying for better times up ahead tho and hope it works out because all in all this has been a pretty decent company to be with compared to where we once were lol. Hey Getstpn I sent a PM and also wanted to thank you for your help it is much appreciated. Stay safe out there all.

11. macnelson

macnelson Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Just in on the conversation (old?) - I myself (veteran driver, not new at this game) am too looking at joining Conway, in fact just approved by recruiting today. I am a 27+ yr veteran to the occupation, and have indeed talked to several drivers at truckstops, which to my surprise have all given me very good reports. I have been led to believe that average weekly mileages are in the 22-2800 area, with some weeks down to 2K & some up to 3K. Assuming this to be somewhat accurate, I'm hoping for a realistic average to be in the 2,500+ mi/wk range for an easy going yet hard running person such as myself. I have been looking into oodles of OTR companies the past few months, and it seems all are in that 22-2500 mi range, but the Conway drivers I have spoken to in person seem to really like working there. I take that as a very good sign and truly hope I can get all the miles they can offer me. ???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.