miles for the week

Discussion in 'Millis' started by shane13080, Dec 30, 2012.

1. devildawg69

devildawg69 Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Solo that is the good olé boys club cry babies and under the desk drivers for millis

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KRDSER

KRDSER Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Ft Worth TX
    Figured it was worth asking, only been with the company 6 months so there may have been some little quirk in the system we didn't know about.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  4. Handymandan

Handymandan Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Acworth,Ga
    I agree with solo_seat. The miles are getting shorter and shorter. Only new hires get the miles. After a year the miles really drop. I was at Millis 2 1/2 years and just left because if this policy.Millis was very good to me, but each week was a fight for every mile. I'm starting at Prime on Monday.

5. PowderBlue

PowderBlue Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Clarksville TN
  6. PowderBlue

PowderBlue Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Clarksville TN
    I think part of the miles decline these last few months of course has to do with the slow season.. but also they are keeping the trucks full and training tons of students in anticipation of losing lots of drivers after the safety bonus like every year. But on top of that with the changes such as cameras ect I think they are really keeping trucks full in fear of a mass exit. We will have to see where the miles are at come April or so... That being said.. Im pretty sure the fleet average is still well above 2500 during the slow season.

7. Myoneload

Myoneload Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2013
    around here
    PowderBlue Thanks this.
  8. Handymandan

Handymandan Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Acworth,Ga
  9. Solo_Seat

Solo_Seat Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Well if the secret is a good dispatcher I am in need of one...once again I am sitting...I sat in 2 different docks last Monday for 9 hours...I got paid $18 for detention okay...pathetic. Then I ran a load from NY to Atlanta...truck was in the shop that Thursday until afternoon, for something I have written up at least 4 times and supposedly fixed. So I came out Friday morning. Got a load to Texas that delivered Sunday at 11...got there Sat afternoon and then delivered Sunday...no load available, so I sat until Monday. I have hometime scheduled today (Friday) so I get a load Monday around 10 am to pick up in Ardmore OK and run to MN...the other side of the world from GA and it delivers Wednesday at a Menards...this is a broker load so we didn't have to cover it...anyway, I get into MN and they have blizzard warnings Wednesday into Thursday morning...I got up Wednesday...front steer was down to 65 lbs pressure...reason? Wrong valve pins and caused a leak when the temps got so cold. 4 hours at a tire shop later, I roll and hit the wind and blowing snow so I parked it until the next morning and delivered Thursday morning. I got loaded in St Paul at Rock Tenn and was delivering to St Louis...no docks available so I drop in East St Louis...this is Friday afternoon and I am not going to get home until Saturday at the earliest. I grab an empty, run to agency in Effingham and low and freaking behold...they are 20 hours behind and have notified Millis beforehand. I tell dispatch and am told I just have to wait they have nothing else. So now I will get live loaded some time Saturday and still have a 500 mile run to drop in Cartersville...but the kicker...there is a storm coming to the Midwest to drop 6+ inches of snow and 1 inch of ice. If that gets here before I get out of here...it will be at least another day before I can roll. Now as far as I can tell, I am due 2 days of layover, which I won't get. I cannot not wait until I can quit this wonderful starter company.

oh yeah, last week, 7 days 1724 miles...whenever I get home this week, 2144 miles

dont let the Millis cheerleading crew mislead you all, some of these guys get those miles, but many of us don't. If I have to kiss your ### to get a load, you can just kiss mine.

Rant over

Old - School Thanks this.
  10. Solo_Seat

Solo_Seat Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    And Dan, thank you for all your help...it is much appreciated and I wish you the best on your next adventure

11. stevenneill

stevenneill Medium Load Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    I have kept my mind open for options. I like Millis and if they treat me right I'm. Staying but if my miles are not there then after a year I'll. Be gone too. I hate it and hope i can stay...but i have bills to pay.

Ga Dawg141 and sapamil Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.