miles for the week

Discussion in 'Millis' started by shane13080, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Handymandan

Handymandan Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Acworth,Ga
    You should care because they need hometime at some point not wait for you at your home for you to take a break. And don't say I'm going to train then until they are finished because that's to much for students, but you must not care about that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cabjeepster

cabjeepster Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2013
    When I was a student I asked to do it all at once. And I know few other people that did the same. So that's a pretty broad statement.

playamwj12 Thanks this.
  4. playamwj12

playamwj12 Heavy Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    My statement was meaning wherever Millis needs them picked up at is fine with me. I was away from home for nearly 3 months between school 5 weeks with trainer then did a month on the road before taking home time. Not everyone requires home time, if I can get him home I will by all means if not he's more than willing to drive one of my personal vehicles home from where I love to his house. I obviously care about his family and him seeing them. As for it being too much on them, sometimes you have to grab your sack and just get through things.

Ga Dawg141 and tntim Thank this.
  5. Handymandan

Nov 4, 2011
    Acworth,Ga
    I love how you guys are the only ones who are allowed to have opinions. Earlier I was just giving my opinion and was basically told I was a bad driver. And now I cant have a opinion on training either. Lol. When I've trained 7 guys all of which I speak with from month.to month if not weekly. I get it u 2 guys know all and are the best NEW DRIVERS ever to hold a steering wheel and by far the best 2 drivers Millis has on the payroll. Thank god they found you both. And I was posting here so people could just.see the other side of the story.

6. Handymandan

Nov 4, 2011
    Acworth,Ga
    And as far as grab your sack. I had a guy with me I was training who was a tuff dude one of which would beat the crap out of.all of us. I kept him out 2 months because I thought just like 2 and he broke down crying standing in the middle of a parking lot because he hadnt seen his daughter for so long. I had to get out and hold him to calm him down. People can snap at anytime because of the pressure, so why push. Make it fun!!!! And get them home.

7. playamwj12

Aug 22, 2012
    I never said I was anything. Just posting that the issues you had aren't prevalent in my career at this point at Millis. And yes I am a new commercial driver never said I wasn't. Regardless of what this industry thinks or an insurance company driving in Iraq and Afghanistan counts for something. I want to hear people's opinions and I want the public to know the honest truth about what's going on here. However to say that the whole company is losing miles after a couple years here and the miles drop when because your making more training is YOUR experience not the story for many of the experienced drivers that work here and some post here. As long as your happy at your new company that's what matters.

8. Handymandan

Nov 4, 2011
    Acworth,Ga
    I had a student that worked hard everyday, never complained drove as much as needed, sometimes all 11 hrs. Always was happy go lucky. Well one day we waited on a load all day picked it up real late and took off. He was only able 2 get in 3 hours 48 minutes of drive time before midnight. He then drove out his entire clock to save my click from starting until we could get another load. They would not pay him for the night driving because if being 12 minutes short. I was told by Mike Millis "if you feel so strongly about you pay him for the day". I tried but the student wouldn't let me. So I bought him a CB instead. So Millis has another side to them is all im saying.

Nighthawwk, slim shady and playamwj12 Thank this.
  9. jlccaa

jlccaa Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Different situations different results I suppose.

playamwj12 and Ga Dawg141 Thank this.
  10. playamwj12

Aug 22, 2012
    I commend that. That was awesome of you to do. I bought $50 of groceries first day, used my loves points to buy him a pair of gloves. I don't mind at all he's really catching on quick.

Ga Dawg141 Thanks this.
  11. sapamil

sapamil Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Middletown Ohio
    ok I have been with Millis over 2 yrs my miles have not decreased if anything they have actually increased I generally get 3k plus after I drop in NC on Monday I will have 4001 miles this week and I am picking up my student on Apr, 2 the class he is in has 5 students of course I assume the other 9 are invisible I,ve found out if ya keep ur left door shut and keep rolling and take every load and don,t complain the miles are there

Hegemeister, tntim and Ga Dawg141 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.