miles for the week

Discussion in 'Millis' started by shane13080, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Handymandan

Handymandan Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Acworth,Ga
    I ran into my trainer last night and had a long talk about Millis. Now he has only had 1 career his entire life(driving a truck) and only drove for one other company. He has been with Millis training over 10 years. He told me that his mile are being cut and was pushed out of training like me. He is looking for another place to work. I know the few guys on here keep saying its bad attitude or just lazy or not aggressive enough, but my trainer is hard core. By the book on everything, and balls to the wall on every load!! None of us could ever add up to his skills as a driver. So why isn't he getting miles? This is enough of the negative comments from me. I have moved on and im very happy, but I want for people to see things have changed at Millis and going to continue to with cameras, the mandatory fuel stops/routing and the sensors for progressive shifting.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MTownZ

MTownZ Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Myerstown, PA
    I can relate to this well. It really does boil down to your dispatcher. They are not created equal. I switched from one who couldn't communicate, treated me like I was a hassle, and was very unpredictable with his moods. I called and requested a new dispatcher and now things are much better, especially with communication. I'm looking forward to picking up my next student and seeing how things go with my new dispatcher.

4. sapamil

sapamil Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Middletown Ohio
    1704 this week but started hometime Thursday evening

5. traverschandler

traverschandler Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Not so...Cartersville Sept 11th class graduated 6..theres three of us that are left...

6. tntim

tntim Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Smryna, TN
    What happened to the other 3? Just curious.. I start in Cartersville on June 9th.

7. traverschandler

traverschandler Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Well I guess they figured out it just wasn't for them..One of them got homesick I know

tntim Thanks this.
  8. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Thereare various reasons. Most of the time, it's because they cannot safely operate the truck.

9. Myoneload

Myoneload Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2013
    around here
    3922 this week. i really like my dispatcher, he has always been great to me..

10. islandhopper

islandhopper Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2014
    I will be in the June 9th class. I look forward to getting started.

11. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I had 3012 last week and 3041 the week before. Home 2-3 nights a week, home on the weekends for a minimum of my 34hr restart.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.