Miles

Discussion in 'PAM' started by gravdigr, Oct 4, 2011.

1. cudafish71

cudafish71 Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    You are making a wise decision. Gravdigr and I went to school together and we are both getting the same crappy treatment. The dispatchers are mostly good, the staff in payroll and logs and billing are nice, but the middle management, safety people (except Norm in Dallas/Irving and Marcus in Irving) team managers (one in particular) and other people SUCK.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Peterbeatinit

Peterbeatinit Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2012
    San Antonio Tx
    I read threads like this and have to smile a little..

Problem truck..get with equipment mgr and request a new truck..tell em you got a lemon.

Problem partner..get with dm..keep getting with dm or hr or whoever to get a new partner..

Guys..the phone calls and updated etas to your dispatchers are a must it keeps them looking at your truck as well as the planners. Call recievers and ask if you can drop and hook or unload early.

Load planners give short loads because in a large operation they may be responsible for a whole region of the US..the less info they have to look up to plan a load for you..the better..If you have ever met your DM, ask him to show you the screens on his side of the system...its enlightening. Walk across the room and shake hands with the load planners...rub shoulders..get phone extensions ;)...Then call em when you need help..

Show em you can run a log and not be out of hours consistently, show em you can bail out a load in trouble....

You can make a lot of money as a rolling problem solver talk to the other PAM drivers around you..you might hear (man they got me on this load that dilivers tomorrow 800 miles from here and I'm out of hours for the day...)..call your dispatch and say hey..I just woke up and so and so is here with this load he's gonna be late on..want me to swap with him?

Be proactive instead of Reactive...Independent Owner Ops are their own load planners, dispatchers, safety etc etc etc...they don't succeed by waiting on someone else..you won't either..

No dispatch..ask why..and LISTEN to the why

Petey

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
    airforcetoo Thanks this.
  4. cudafish71

Jun 6, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Hey Digr....its me from school. How about dropping a truck off last week Tues. to have the blower looked at and today its ready and then the DM calls to say, are you ready, and I say yes, book us something about 7ish so partner can get to yard. No word from anyone since then. Looks like midnight call or morning call to head out. That is ONE WEEK being down, detention pay of 13.50 a day........now that SUX. I have found the company I am going go to, Call me as I have spoken with their drivers and they are ALL happy. They temper it with, there are little things that happen every now and then, that happens every where, but they don't make the big mistakes and they get you home almost every weekend.........pretty cool.

5. cudafish71

Jun 6, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Here is some more wisdom digger, just sat for seven days in Tontitown getting "cleared" . When you pull in the yard DONT GO IN THE GATED YARD. Use that yard up front. Park, go in, see who you have to see and git. We were told that non active co drivers cannot fuel for active driver. Bunch of BS, got a prison sentence for that. So fed up with the BS here. STayed in PAM's roach motel. The facilities were clean Friday when we were moved there from the travelodge. The place gets cleaned ONCE A WEEK. Pubes all over the seats and showers. toothpaste spatters all over the mirrors and sink counters, toilet paper all over the floor, showers scummed up, soap bars all over the place. I went to the security desk and talked to Deb (great lady) she said "I will have Terry check it out". She called back and he said he looked and it was fine and dandy. NICE, I took pix up there to here and said "would you shower or use facilites like this?", she grinned and said no. Then "Terry" comes up. flat top dude, I said "You call this clean?" and he said "it is what it is, you get a room and facilities". I said "with hair all over the place and nothing cleaned? HOw often is it supposed to be cleaned?" he said "everyday" and I replied "Well you need some new cleaning people, they sat in that office all day and did nothing", he said "Jim and Ina do a fine job". I shot back "Would you shower in there?" and he said "Well four weeks ago I just got back from Afghanistan" and I said "Thanks for your service, but this is not Afghanistan" that really crimped his fig hammock and he said "do with it what you want"......NICE!!! GOOD BYE PAM!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.