miles

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by rwarren, Dec 2, 2008.

1. zedanny

zedanny Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Arkansasa
    I have never ever wanted to work local and I never wanted to work for a union.I have never drawn an unemployment check in my 66 years.Never been out of work for more then a few day's unless I just wanted to be.
    The Best trucking job I ever had was for Virgil Jenkins owner of J and J truck leasing K.C.Mo. 1963
    Second was Julian Martin -J Mar Express Searcy Arkansas.
    The Worst was Cal Ark Little Rock Arkansas.
    The best non union where I made the most money was Watkins Motor Lines -Lakeland Fl.
    Some of the worst equipment I drove was for Dewey Truck leasing -K.C. Kn. But Bob was a good man to work for.
    The nicest truck was for J-Mar express Searcy Ar.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    HeY ZeDanny, when you drove for J-Mar Express, was Julian still the owner?
    He lived in Batesville, Arkansas and is the father of NASCAR driver, Mark Martin.

Julian, his wife (Marks' stepmother) and Mark's stepsister, were killed in a private airplane which Julian was piloting --- after which, Mark became the owner of J-Mar, and sold it to his sister, --- if my memory serves me correctly.

4. zedanny

Sep 18, 2008
    Arkansasa
    HeY ZeDanny, when you drove for J-Mar Express, was Julian still the owner?
    He lived in Batesville, Arkansas and is the father of NASCAR driver, Mark Martin.

Julian, his wife (Marks' stepmother) and Mark's stepsister, were killed in a private airplane which Julian was piloting --- after which, Mark became the owner of J-Mar, and sold it to his sister, --- if my memory serves me correctly.

We were working for Julian when he amd his family got killed . I flew in the plane he got killed in. I never worked for Mark. We quite and bought our own truck and leased it to Conley in Searcy Arkansas.
    Me and the wife was with Juliann for five years .My son worked there for several years. He run solo to east coast.
    Julian was a very strict man to work for but a good friend and gentleman.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
    AfterShock Thanks this.
  5. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    zedanny,

I have read your last few posts. I really don't care if you respond or not. You have stated the many thoughts that others have in the past.

Such as;

You don't know what it's like to be an OTR driver. It's in our blood. It's a way of life. We used to dream of being a trucker when we were growing up. You take the good with the bad. Did I miss any?

As you know, I am a local company driver. I wouldn't have it any other way. There many bad local companies. Who could argue with that? However, there are hundreds of bad OTR companies. Just look at the posts on this site from others. You just don't see many posts from local drivers. Why do you think that is the case? Just asking.

I am not saying that local is the end all, be all way to make a living in this industry. It's not. There are probably many OTR drivers out there making a good living. It would be nice to hear from them. As I said before, I wish more drivers knew of this site. I am just trying to point out others who want to be home every night, there is something out there for them other than OTR.

You were happy with what you did. There are others out here that wish to be happy as well.

Drive safe

P.S. I just drove the one of the longest runs I have been given from this company. It was 498 miles. 10.5 hours driving and a total of 14 hours on duty. It was done with rain, mud and even a little snow. I figured out my pay for the day and the miles driven. Not to bad. If you take my pay for the entire day, I was paid $.82.4 per mile.

6. zedanny

Sep 18, 2008
    Arkansasa
    074344 and you too friends

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays From My Home to Your Home.
    PS I hope you all make it home and our Prayer's are with you.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  7. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    Right back at you and all of the others.

DRive safe

8. davan2004

davan2004 Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Warren, MI
    hey

If your company are hiring drivers with under 1yr exp in Detroit, Mi please pass along the blessing of giving me info to get hired!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.