Military history - leaving for training in ~3 weeks.

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Takenover83, Jan 30, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's pretty old.

Im not concerned with OTH myself unless it is tied into BCD (Bad conduct discharge or those handed down by a board which could hand down anything including dishonorable etc.

The VA treats OTH as a general discharge unless you have a history within a staturary barring you from recieving VA care. Only in cases of dishonorable would one lose ALL va care AND VA disability and the GI bill. etc.

If you were a officer with 20 years in etc you have the option to retire. However sometimes the military tosses you out anyway due to max time in grade and rank not selected for promotion. Etc.

If you were discharged you could be subject to being recalled unless you are rated 30% or more disabilty or a officer that retired OR someone that is medically discharge.

OTH can also be administrative but with a explanation such as Convenience of Government if a recruit cannot stop wetting bed in basic training for example etc. I don't think that would be something to worry about in life overall.

I also believe that there are limits to what trucking companies recruiters and others can be allowed to learn about your past military. Others will know much more about this than I do. I just am a spouse or relative of those who were experiencing many forms of discharge usually honorable or retired with one exception. A cousin who failed really badly to be a part of the US Army physically and they got rid of him. Its just one of those things that they know best when someone is not suitable.

Your military records are kept at the Dept of Defense Manpower Data Center at 400 gigling road, seaside CA 93955 The reason I possess this information is the prosecuting lawyer did a manpower records check on me in all branches of the military at that location, it returned as NA for the entire term which means I have never been part of the US Military or overseas in war or in callup service pending deployment to war which would affect a pending court case.

That particular lawyer dismissed the case when he learned that there were statuary laws that stood to be broken had he obtained judgement against me illegally. So that was the end of that.

Good luck to you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.