Milk Hauling Pay

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Skid Mark, Nov 22, 2014.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Had two routes every working day. No where near 50,000 miles. Maybe two hundred at most, if that daily.

Salary for the two routes were net 745 every two weeks cash minus taxes. Very good money for the late 80's Most days get going prior to sunrise home by two.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    The trucking side is Lehigh trucks, the tankers hauling raw milk are not.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I heard the Lehigh trucks get their hours maxed out every week and drivers have to beg for time off also which sounds like a decent check at the end of the week.

5. TechD

TechD Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2018
    While driving through Tillamook, Oregon last week, I noticed the local creamery (Tillamook Cheese) was looking for milk haulers. After reading through the pages of this thread, however, I think I'll pass.

Just out of curiosity though, does anyone have experience driving for Tillamook?

I'm a big fan of bumping old threads. ;)

6. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    I haul milk in phoenix and another driver and I were just talking about tillamook. Apparently theyre adding a huge addition to the plant and making alot more product, which needs more milk. I heard it was paid by the hour, but I just sent him a text to see who it was and its a company called Zwald Trucking and theyre paying hourly at $22-25. I dont know what tillamook themselves are paying. To be honest, it may be worthwhile to look into it. Both him and I were considering moving up there. Milk down here is just ridiculous. everything trucking down in phoenix pays crap. here are so many crappy drivers begging for jobs that employers can get away with horrible wages

7. TechD

TechD Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2018
    I thought about applying, but the job listing specifically states "You must have or be eligible to receive a Preferred Worker Eligibility Card issued through the Oregon Workers' Compensation Division to apply."

That means you have to be a resident of Oregon to apply, which I am not. Given Oregon has so few job offerings they hire people to pump your gas, I'm not sure I want to relocate from California to Tillamook on the off chance they'll hire me. That's a hell of a gamble.

It looks like it pays $19 - $22 per hour and offers full benefits. Local work within Tillamook County.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.