Milk Hauling

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by cookie30, Aug 2, 2012.

1. cookie30

cookie30 Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Elkton, Va
    Any info on hauling milk in Va would be appreciated? I am looking a C & T Durum and Loudon Milk Hauling. Looking to pull something new tired of chicken feed. thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    I worked for C&T Durham for over 5 years and really enjoyed it. I ran Florida, either to Winter Haven or Orlando and then we lost all the Florida loads and I left. From what I hear about all they got now out of Harrisonburg, Va are short trips, Richmond, High Point, Winston Salem and frankly you cannot make any money on the short trips unless you are willing to work 7 days a week. Richmond pay $80.00, High Point and Winston pay $135.00, when you take into consideration the time involved, you will "kick your ###".

Now, Todd Durham, who owns the company, is one super man. You will never work for a better person, but unfortunately you will not deal with Todd directly. Hauling milk is about the cheapest trucking job going today. You can figure any trip will pay you around 29 to 30 cpm and not even try to look at your hours because you will cry. On the bright side, the people that you will deal with in hauling milk are some are the nicest people in my opinion.

I tried Mt. Milk on a part-time basis and I liked them, but then again, short trips. I did 7 Richmond straight and told them "bye-bye". Get prepared to run a little on the "illegal side" with any milk outfit.

cookie30 Thanks this.
  4. cookie30

cookie30 Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Elkton, Va
    Thanks for the info Grouch. I am just looking and gathering info and before I waste any ink. How was the hometime at CT?

5. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    ?

Well, running the short runs and that is about all they have now, so I understand, the hometime is every day. Richmond takes loads by appointments so you have to judge you leaving time by your appointment. Winston-Salem and High Point is first come, first serve. I know one CT driver who usually runs either Winston or High Point every day and he doesn't leave until around 5 am, gets down to Winston around 9:30am and it all depends where you fall in line, when you are going to get out of there. A good rule of the thump is that on a Richmond, you are gone 8 hrs, on a Winston or High Point 12 hours. The other day in Winston, I know a driver who sit down there for 17 hrs, the silos were full and they couldnt take anymore.

6. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Cookie give me a pm and I will be a little more open with you.

cookie30 Thanks this.
  7. inktoxicated

inktoxicated Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2010
    south brunswick nj
    i dunno bout hauling it in tankers but im doing it deleivering it directly to supermrkets. heavy work. those loaded bossys weight up to 800-900 lbs. so u need to muscle them around a little bit. most docks are always busy or theres trailers in the way. its all bout getting a good long ride to get the miles. because if u go 4-5 local stops ur not getting any miles and ur not getting enough stops to make a good check for the hours involved. i dunno somedays u make out dcent other days not so decent. i never had a day where i made out great. i suppose its better then sitting on my ### unemployment. but then again maybe not

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.