Millenicom Wireless: a review and test

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by CommDriver, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    So much for unlimited..:biggrin_2552:
    Do they even know the definition of the word?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thumper

Thumper Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2008
    na dont think so they just sugar coat it you pull a covered wagon :) ive pulled those to nice if you haul coils or steel which you do if i rem right

4. Markvfl

Markvfl Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Apopka, FL
    Ordered my Millenicom service Saturday, got it today (Monday), just installed it - took 3 minutes, working with it now. Seems as fast as my DSL here in the Orlando area. So far I'm impressed!

5. punkinhed

punkinhed Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    hello, cleveland!
    so far i've only really used my pantech once on the road. racked up about 30MB in 4-5 hours of wow and surfing the web.

6. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    I've been able to use it across most of the country now and haven't had any problems. Sprint did seem to be a little bit faster, but overall coverage with Millenicom is better.

I was disheartened to see this response Thumper got from them.

As long as freight is slow, I could go over 5gb a month on a regular basis. However, if freight picks up, I probably use right around 5gb a month sometimes going over.

7. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    I'll haul about anything that will go in it right now....lol

8. Markvfl

Markvfl Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Apopka, FL
    I bought a high gain wifi antenna to war drive any unsecured networks so I will burn less data time. Went on Ebay and got a Hawking usb dish receiver for 25 bucks. Put it outside on good days, put it on the dash on bad days.

9. kmfishing

kmfishing Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    Thanks for this post guys but I am trying to find out how much 5gigs of monthly use really gives you. If you play WOW or watch videos I would figure 5gigs would get used up pretty fast. That is why I an interested in this service but still I would like to know how much internet use 5gigs would get you.

10. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    As far as static web pages go, pages with no video, 5 gigs is plenty. I use about a gig a week, I limit my youtube and news videos to about 15 minutes a day, no more. As far as sites like this one goes, you can use it pretty much as much as you want. As far as gaming goes, I'm not as much into that as I used to be, so I'm not sure how much bandwidth WOW uses. From my experience flash video from sites like youtube and hulu will get you in trouble pretty quick.

scottied67 and kmfishing Thank this.
  11. Thumper

Thumper Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2008
    With the non sprint do you think its fast enough for wow?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.