Millenicom Wireless: a review and test

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by CommDriver, Dec 9, 2008.

1. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    There is no such thing as WoW in moderation... if you play it you're not sleeping enough!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EmersonSC

EmersonSC Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Taylor, MI
    Anyone have an up date for Mellenicom? Anyone else use it that can comment on the service?

I called them today and the "sales" guy sounded pretty lazy, almost sounded like he was sitting in his living room watching a movie or something. I asked him to tell me about the company and service and he said ask any question ill answer it for you. I then said "well actually since your supposed to be the sales person, you would actually try and sell me into your product." Needless to say he wasnt very informative at all.

Has anyone else had this experience? Aside from the terrible "sales" person is the service worth the money?

4. For_Shore

For_Shore Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Maryland
    I'm interested in this, since hubby's new laptop is coming today, so I want to get him all set up.

I do know that my dad went to buy that slingshot thing and the lady at the Pilot told him they couldn't sell it anymore because they were using Sprint when they weren't supposed to be or something like that.

Hubby's hauls are normally from Maryland to Louisiana and back. Anyone with any opinions on the best carrier for that area?

And I'm a little confused about the double Y USB splitter thing yall are talking about.

5. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio

Slingshot uses Sprint, not sure why that's an issue. if you google slingshot you'll find them on the web and you can order one online. But truth be told, in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama, Sprint's coverage is pretty awful. You might want to consider Verizon or Alltel if you spend a lot of time in that area. Another thing you can do is google a company called 3gstore, call the phone number at the top of their website. They sell service with all the major carriers, and they will point you the the service that best fit your husband's needs. They sell nothing but the internet air cards, and they really know their stuff.

For_Shore Thanks this.
  6. ShallowDOF

ShallowDOF Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Kenmore, WA
    I thought I'd update this. I had two hard drive failures last month and had to download my system/app updates twice. This combined with my normal TV show downloads and I used over 23GB of bandwidth last month. I didn't hear a word from Millenicom and my bill wasn't effected in anyway.

Thumper and 7mouths2feed Thank this.
  7. Thumper

Thumper Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2008

lol you got that right sucks since i been back to hauling cars i only play when home no time to stop and play when on the road now :biggrin_25511:

8. punkinhed

punkinhed Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    hello, cleveland!
    i've tried the y cable a couple times now. it did diddly squat for me lol.

didn't increase up or down speeds, or lower pings, in a variety of locations.

9. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC

You'll get an e-mail from them next month advising you that if you require a "heroic" amount of data then you'll need to return the modem in original box and cancel the account.

Said I had used between 10-20gb that month. Well I stopped downloading whole seasons of shows for a month and haven't heard back.

10. Markvfl

Markvfl Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Apopka, FL
    Recieved this email from Millenicom:

Due to high usage concerns from our upstream carriers our $59.99/month mobile broadband service is now required to conform to the industry standard 5 gigabyte cap for data transfer over one months time.

For most of our clients this will not impact their Internet experience, however for many we understand that this will cause a hardship.

Millenicom has moved forward with implementing an unlimited account for $69.99/month. If you are interested in this modification to your account please submit the form from the following link:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2009
  11. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    Wow. It'd be nice if Sprint or AT&T would give their customers that option.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.