Millennials are flocking to Phoenix, Arizona - here's what it's like to live there

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Shackdaddy

Shackdaddy Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2021
    If I meet a Californian I can usually tell by the part of California they are from. The ones that fled that put their head down in shame I know are red and ashamed of what Cali has become, the ones however that seem proud of California and have a superiority air about them are blue. Wish we could deport the later back behind enemy lines to Californistan.

Dino soar, dwells40, D.Tibbitt and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Nope. Sorry, but we're getting rid of our culls and we really don't want them back. Look a little closer and, red or blue, they'll be the people who aren't happy anywhere because they expect a change in geography will cure all their problems.
    Now, if we could just close all of our state borders to the misguided people who want to move here....;)

InTooDeep, LoSt_AgAiN and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  4. Shackdaddy

Shackdaddy Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2021
    Well I live in Texas and I’m originally from Virginia, after 21 years in the Air Force I could live anywhere with my CDL and my pension. But I choose Texas because my kids are here, and also this is a well run business friendly law and order type of state.

So you can call me a transplant if you want. But whenever I’m in the mountains of Virginia is the only time I feel like I’m home.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  5. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va

Ironically i am from Virginia and i always find texas is very similar to the ways and culture im used to...friendly and usually respectful....so i can imagine that Texas is an amazing place to live permanently...

Shackdaddy and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    I have to live within a couple of hours of the ocean which I do now so this is out..been there before too hot and dry

7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    All the ignorant transplants seems to be flooding the major cities..dfw, Austin San Antonio Houston and such…they have all turned to trash…crime is through the roof..

Dino soar, austinmike and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    California folks also moving to Spearfish Sd in droves , the face of west is rapidly changing.
    The saying around the Black Hills is the millionaires are moving out and the billionaires are moving in.

Trucker61016 and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    I’m not a city guy. I’ve done that for 30+ years and come to the realization that I like peaceful life. I want a location that’s super conservative. At least this way I can live my life out in peace before the possibility of it turning sjw.

10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Don’t blame you… and from what I have seen in the Houston area is that everybody is moving to the surrounding counties out into the white used to be the countryside… So many people are fed up with the big city crime and the idiots running them refusing to do anything about it

LoneRanger and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Plenty of remote land for sale in Nevada that's suitable for building a house and barn or shop.

LoneRanger and Capacity Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.