Miller Transporters owner operator BAD!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Theirishmadman, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Theirishmadman

Theirishmadman Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Be aware! Miller Transporters!!!

This is exactly what happened to me. In May I got on board with Miller Transporters to haul Chemicals OTR. The terminal manager out of Freeport, TX told me if I quit within the 1 St year, the company would take up to 8000 from my escrow and maintenance. 3000 Escrow 5000 from maintenance..$8000. I was OK with that, and understood.

Without going into a long explanation, I came to a point where I decided to change companies. This was mostly for financial reasons. At any rate, on the day I received my settlement from Miller for my weekly pay, I called in and quit. Returned the truck in excellent,clean condition with a fresh oil change. I thought it would help with the separation.

Boy, was I wrong! In short, the pay check I was supposed to receive for that day did not hit my account, all the escrow and maintenance account was held and the last two weeks of work... Everything! In all about 11,000..And to top it off, the ### in Freeport was pissed that I didn't give 2 weeks notice!

Big John Classic HQ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Well next time read the contract before leasing. I can bet you all those charges were listed, but you ignored them because, well... Shiney!!!

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  4. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    being in the tanker game I haven't heard one good thing about miller transporters.You know it's bad when you pull into neville's island tank wash and they're trying to recruit you as you pull in.

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I'm guessing a L/P, right? Why else would they hold all that money?

6. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Even though this is your first post, it appears you've atleast been lurking these boards since August of 2012. Haven't you read anything helpful in 5+ years here to avoid the mess you've gotten yourself in?
    You were "good" with the 3/5 escrow, maintenance split (8 total)...so it's the 3 grand that's got your undies bunched? Give them 45 days, and if you don't see it, well, whatever.:rolleyes:

7. BluePersuasion

BluePersuasion Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Fortunately I was able to get out of there partially unscathed ($$$$) lol. I had my own truck working out of Savannah,Ga. When my deadhead miles became higher than my loaded miles that’s when I started loosing money along lies and deceit from management.

8. IronheadSmiff

IronheadSmiff Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2018
    I actually work there now.Do I know you?
    This is T.Smith

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.