Millis chat room

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Sully72, Feb 20, 2011.

1. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    just pull up and tell them tractor only. they won't pay for extras like engine wash so tell them no when they ask. go inside and fill out the little sheet so they can charge the company account. that's it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cadman1989

cadman1989 Light Load Member

May 8, 2009
    Trenton, OH
    Millis had about 17 of them in their 2007 T600's, they discovered after warranty period expires the maintenance nearly outweighed the savings, plus with the initial cost upfront it would take a long time for the savings to begin, especially with fuel surcharges at .50ish per mile, if they were truly paying 4.00/gal at the pump then maybe they would pay for themselves faster. If I remember correctly, when they got the Tri Pac's there was some rebate for Wisconsin trucking companies to "experiment" with them. They have espar heaters for cooler temperatures, and lets face it, its far cheaper to say reduce your idling than it is to pay $1,000's of $$$ per unit for apu's. My humble opinion, anyway.

4. cadman1989

cadman1989 Light Load Member

May 8, 2009
    Trenton, OH
    Well howdy folks just poking my head in. I've been with Pitt Ohio for about a month now and I have to admit, without sounding pretentious, that this is the best move I have made in a long time. Going to work for Millis was the best move I made to get my experience in the trucking industry (and by far the best $$$ I made thus far), but being home every night and weekends is off is like a new life. So far it's comparable income to what I made before, but I'm still pinching myself that I got this job, truly a matter of experience meeting opportunity, or pure luck I don't know which! Good luck out there to all of you, I'm still lamenting the otr lifestyle some, so I am a little envious of y'all! Maryann still plans on doing the Trenton Lunch the Tuesday of the 2nd week of the new students class!

5. ridinbikes247

ridinbikes247 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2013
    High Point N,C
    Anyone on Eden local. I got offered a daycab to run day trips out of miller . Looking for info on average mileage

6. db2681

db2681 Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Dayton,OH
    Cleaned out the truck and turned the keys in at Trenton. Got offered a job with a small company that I know the owner of in Dayton. Miles, Pay and Hometime are all right and I get to choose where I want to run so decided to take the job. 2 years with Millis had its ups and downs, more ups than downs. Had no intentions of leaving any time soon, but between cameras and an issue with my dispatcher decided it was time to move on. Will still post here when ever I can offer advice, or just like stir up trouble. Got the chance to meet a few people from the boards and a few that don't post here.

MTownZ, Cooper09 and PowderBlue Thank this.
  7. MTownZ

MTownZ Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Myerstown, PA
    Good luck with your next adventure DB!

8. gilleyaffliction21

gilleyaffliction21 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    I run Eden local, I'm not in a daycab but one of our regional trucks. Your miles will vary week to week. I will tell you that with winter coming things will begin to slow down a bit now till the holidays and stay up and down till around spring. Spring and Summer are the busy months around here. Not sure on mileage since I'm in a regional truck but with me my goal is 2000. Some weeks I do more and some a lil less. Prolly about the same in a daycab. Hope this helps

9. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Trenton is not looking very encouraging this evening, lots of trucks sitting here
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

10. shane13080

shane13080 Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Wow, its been a month since anyone has used this thread. I have a question. Who drives truck #46031? I ran across parked for home time today while I was working. Not sure it would be a good idea to mention where for security reasons. I will mention the are if asked. Don't worry nothing bad happened, just curious.

11. twistedsmoke

twistedsmoke Light Load Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Clarksville, Tn
    I know this thread hasn't been used in a while, but if anyone still checks it and can answer some questions for me, I would appreciate it. I have been looking at signing on with Millis here in the next month or so. I have been getting all my info about the company from some website that tells all the companies that have cdl sponsored training. Then I came across the forum and everything is completely different than the previous website. So obviously, I cant make an informed choice now until I read through all the posts on here. At Millis, is a week considered 5 days or 7 days? Is it true that they offer no forced dispatch to New York and Long Island? The main question I have is, after I apply and they receive my app, how long does it take before I am sitting in class? Thanks everyone in advance!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.