Millis chat room

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Sully72, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Expedition

Expedition Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Lol. I hear u. I'm ok on the family side of things not married. So I could probably stay on the road 3-4 weeks at a clip

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Finalsomnia

Finalsomnia Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    I do 4-5 weeks out. It helps that I have zero life.... and that kinda explains my post count in these Millis threads.

Suspect Zero and DRAGON64 Thank this.
  4. Expedition

Dec 28, 2015
    What's ur over all take on millis

5. Finalsomnia

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    They've been good to me so far. Never had pay issues, communication problems, difficulty getting home on time, or maintenance problems. They are constantly harping about safety which can be a little annoying but I've never been asked to drive unsafe. Hell, I got sick last week and they moved a delivery appointment for me. All in all it's the least exciting sector of trucking - dry van with no hazmat or reefer. I like what I do, but I think for a lot of people it's a stepping stone to get some experience and move on.

DRAGON64 Thanks this.
  6. Expedition

Dec 28, 2015
    Thxs for responses somnia. Be safe out there

Finalsomnia Thanks this.
  7. Diablolover2

Diablolover2 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Your always very informative. And have a way of telling it very truthfully and honest. Been missing you on the blog.

Finalsomnia and DRAGON64 Thank this.
  8. Finalsomnia

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    Did I link to my blog on here? I don't remember if I did. I've had some issues getting logged on via my phone so I haven't updated in over a month.

9. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Ya do not try breaking your pay down into an hourly rate. It won't look good plain and simple. But with this industry there are quite a few things you should factor in when trying to compare with a "normal" job.
    1st...if not married and no kids there really isn't a reason to have a house, especially if plan on staying out 3-4 weeks at a time. Stay with friends, family, hotel, or just stay in truck on hometime. That eliminates rent, power, and cable bills. Can't do that working normal job, which in turn puts more $ in your pocket even at that "low" hourly rate.
    2nd...it's really easy to not spend $ while on the road if you try. But when I go home I feel like all I do is pull out mt debit card after not touching it the entire time on the road. Working a normal job you will probably spend more $ daily than you do on road.
    When you factor those 2 things into the situation it's pretty easy to justify thus lifestyle. Guy I went to school with is 23 now, and during his 1st yr with Millis he's got well over 10k in his checking account and that's without even being that frugal.

DRAGON64 and Suspect Zero Thank this.
  10. Expedition

Dec 28, 2015
    Wow nice to have a bank account like that Interesting good point. Thxs 98

11. Diablolover2

Diablolover2 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Nope, I saw it from a Facebook post onew the millis comments on their raises posts

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.