Millis chat room

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Sully72, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Sully72

Sully72 Medium Load Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Northern, NY
    Yep, you know me, my ten hrs was up at 23:30 so I was Rollin! Sure was nice going through Milwaukee and chicago. But I think even if you weren't Rollin you'd want to explain why there is only 23 actual hours on your log total. You don't put 24 if there wasn't 24.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 338-Dark-Knights

338-Dark-Knights Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Well, I've been at the house since last Wens.; waiting on a trainer to be assigned to for follow-on training. I guess my mom is getting anxious because she keeps asking why I'm still here about ever other day.. dad is basically saying it's all good because this means I'm almost employed. I'm looking at it like a free vacation for me (and the company!), if I make it to next Wends. it's like I really got three in the first year, right?

4. dave31058

dave31058 Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Mauk,Ga
    Good luck 338-D-K, hope to be in your shoes soon, but not waiting as long. Start training tomorrow in C'Ville, supposed to be 12 in the class, sure it will be cut some. See you on the road! Good luck and thanks to all.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  5. Baritone

Baritone Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    For you since you left at night - yes you would need to show it. However for me I stopped at 6 and didnt roll until 8 this morning. My break was still 10 hrs+ so I am good there.

From what I understand you still show a 24hr period on your log. It truly was 24hrs anyway. (if that makes sense)

6. Baritone

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    Have they assigned you someone and you are just waiting for them to come through your area or still not assigned a trainer? If it's the later - keep after them for one and they'll get it done.

Understand the longer you wait to get rolling the longer it takes to get done. And make sure you dont get a regional trainer or one that takes home time ever other weekend - you'll never get through your 5 weeks.

Just sayin! Good luck!

7. Baritone

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    Hey Guys - One thing that I wanted to post and forgot too.

There is a group of us that talk just about every day - (Sully, Bear, Ryeman, Kirk and myself) not to mention several others that are not on this board - but we share information. Between us - one of us has experience with most of our customers and situations we have faced or are facing and we help each other out. I cant tell the times I have reached out/been called for routing help - customer information and so on.

We talk and share customer locations, directions, questions about things and so on. It's a HUGE help and it's great to have a a sounding board when you need it. I trust these guys and I think they trust me too. If you're new to Millis and want to join in - just call. We dont have all the answers but between one of us - we know someone that does!

Here's my number(David) 859-285-7797 and I am sure the others will post their's also!

8. Bear63

Bear63 Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Northern KY
    Most definitely, I welcome any calls to help a brother driver out, or to be used as an ironing board, I mean sounding board. Seriously, as Dave said, I for one am here should you need help or have questions ..... 859-620-9729

Btw, I don't have Sully's number,so Sully shoot me a tracer message bro.

9. Bear63

Bear63 Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Northern KY
    Very very good points indeed. The sooner you get out there the sooner you get on your own and make the big money Baritone is making.

10. Whitey14243

Whitey14243 Medium Load Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Moreland, GA

I grew up with family in the Trucking industry and my uncle drove a W900L so im very familiar with the W9 & T6 cabs.... i prefer having everything right there in reach..I cant tell ya how many times i had to pull off the road to stand up and reach over the the passenger side to grab something....so the T6 cab makes me feel alittle more at home. I never used my top bunk in the T2 and the passenger seat was only used to hold my road atlas, and my folder that i keep my coloring book (aka- logbook) and bills..... But im sure now that i dont have a top bunk someones going to want to takes rides this summer..lol.

And i'll add my name and number to the list of drivers to contact incase you need help getting somewhere.....I'm still a newbie myself and reach out to these guys when i get into a jam and need an extra set of advice... but like Baritone said...If i cant help ya then one of these others drivers will be glad to help.

Terry AKA Whitey
    Truck # 7134
    770-318-4185

P.S.... i dont wanna see my number written on them bathroom walls at these truckstops...lol

11. Sully72

Sully72 Medium Load Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Northern, NY
    Man I see where the confusion comes from but there is only 23 hrs midnight to midnight on this past Sunday. In the fall there will be 25hrs for the change.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.