Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Still undecided

Still undecided Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    How can this be a problem? I didn't know you could get fuel at other places except for terminals. I got some at a Road Ranger once when having fuel problems, and it took a long time to get that approved due to them not being on the approved list.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    I am not sure I understand your question.

Suspect Zero and CaptainDaveG Thank this.
  4. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Speaking of terminal fuel. I'm not sure why, especially since my load was sitting in the Cartersville yard, but my fuel solutions today were at the Cartersville and Pioneer, TN Pilots. Well y'all know how much I hate Pilot, so my middle finger to them today was ignoring the fuel solution and fueling at the Cartersville terminal since terminal fuel is always compliant.

Piss on Pilot.

Midlife Trucker Thanks this.
  5. Still undecided

Still undecided Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    How could you get fuel at a place that's not on the fuel plan?

6. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    You can get fuel at loves, pilots, flying Js, petro, and TA anytime you want. But if the specific Loves, Pilot, Flying J, TA, or Petro is not in your fuel solution the fuel counts against your compliance for the month.
    Oh sometimes Kwik Trip is an option for fuel solutions.

7. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    If the place takes Comdata cards, we can fuel there. As far as I know there's no exceptions to this.

8. packersfanmw87

packersfanmw87 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
    I'm starting to think my wife is bad luck. 1st the whole wasted day because of BluJay failing to input the load info so La Crosse would have it ready. 2nd the whole showing up at a receiver on Friday when starting that week they weren't open on Fridays anymore.

Now, got pre-planned to get a load from Lowe's DC in Rockford to deliver today by 2 at their Altoona, IA store. Got to spend the night at home and then got my wife up early to give enough time to get to Rockford, pick up, and get to Altoona on time.

Checking in a Rockford. They can't find the load with the pickup number. Eventually finds it. Another Millis truck has already picked it up.

So either dispatch dispatched two trucks to the same load and I lost the race or the other Millis driver supplied the wrong number and has the wrong load.

Luckily my next preplan is just going back to Shelby, IA and picking up the trailer I just dropped there a couple days ago to complete it's journey from Dalton to Shelby to Eau Claire. Hopefully Shelby has got their stuff off.

Is it at the six month mark that loads start going sideways?

9. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Back when roadranger switched their fuel away from pilot, my comdata card was rejected there. Don’t know if it was a One time time thing or not. Was just going to put 30 gallons in since I was stopping to use restroom. And avoid my next fuel stop all together.

10. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    What @MIT said. Except I am not sure we can randomly use T/A or Petro. We stopped using them a few years ago.

11. packersfanmw87

packersfanmw87 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
    You can fuel wherever you want.

However, Millis would love to see us at 95% or higher fuel compliance (fueling at the terminals or the stops they designated on your trip solution) and the percentage is based on the gallons, not the stops.

But to get the fuel bonus on your compliant gallons you have to be at minimum compliant on 80% of the fuel that month.

So you can ignore your solutions completely and just fuel at terminals and no one will say anything since all terminal fuel is compliant.

You could ignore all solutions and only fuel at your favorite truck stop chain and likely you'll be less than 80% so you'll miss out on fuel bonus and likely you'll get a message from dispatch saying to do better on that.

Or you could play my game of chasing free showers for the month at your favorite chain while maintaining 80%+ compliance (this means Pilot/Flying J is your likely rewards option - plus only need 1000 gallons for immediate shower power!)

Midlife Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.