Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Still undecided

Still undecided Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    I picked up the only Millis trailer at their Colmbus brewery a few months ago.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    I’ve only been to that plant once. Like most plants there isn’t anything to write home about.
    As strange as it sounds I think the Jacksonville plant is probably the simplest one,layout wise.
    I almost forgot to mention the friendliest Budweiser plant I went to was in Merrimack,New Hampshire. Went there a couple of times.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  4. ImTakinHalf

ImTakinHalf Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2018
    Weekend after Thanksgiving... Is it worth coming back out, or am I going to hit RFD and get told I'm number 37 on the list and sit until Monday anyways.

5. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    I'd stay home. I stay home now on all notable holidays for the reason you gave. Memorial Day, Easter, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years.

I don't want to work them anyway. Worked them all repeatedly for 20+ years in my prior career and have no interest in doing it now.

Still undecided and ImTakinHalf Thank this.
  6. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Need to correct my 1900 mile statement, I cracked 2000 which is doable for being out a week. Got me into the bonus.

Have things been normal for you guys? The past few weeks I probably have had one or 2 normal loads. Lots of short runs, lots of loads where I’m getting there minutes before appt times, some loads I’m picking up past delivery times.

Today I picked up in University Park I was pulling trailer out of dock after getting paperwork when I was told to go find another loaded trailer. Ended up dropping my trailer putting paperwork in clipboard and grabbing a different trailer. Getting to deal with shipping clerks twice in 2 hours at that place was a treat.

7. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    University Park sucks if you have to deal with the people in the office. Every time I have to encounter them I walk away po'ed because they intentionally ignore you and are super slow when they finally acknowledge you.

I have had a few shorter loads (350-450 miles) but all picked up one day and delivered the next day so I kept moving. Still ended up hitting 3,000 miles. that week.

This week I had the longest run I'd ever had. Over 1,700 miles from Minnesota to Tampa. My next loads were / are in 450-550 mile range and will hit 3k again this week. I'm on my 2nd to last load before hometime and am pre-planned on my hometime load.

Still undecided, mjd4277 and MIT Thank this.
  8. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Congratulations on that Tampa run!!

9. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Watch out for the 20 feet deep pothole on the street at Midwest whse definitely a safety bonus killer.

10. Still undecided

Aug 21, 2019
    My last couple of fuel stops weren't as bad as usual, they weren't the congested dirty places without parking like I've come to expect. What a pleasant surprise.

MIT Thanks this.
  11. Still undecided

Aug 21, 2019
    Which one, Memphis or NY?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.