Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    When’s the last time anyone has done a broker load? It’s been over a year for me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Still undecided

Still undecided Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    I don't know when my last broker load was either, I don't think I've done many.

4. Still undecided

Aug 21, 2019
    Has anyone had any good experiences with phone holders? Especially ones available at Pilot or Loves? I've had a couple I got elsewhere that broke and I'd like to get one that will last.

5. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Both of mine have broken. Only going to invest in the $5 ones now.
    Also last night had to drop off an old trailer in Indy. Was told to back it down the dirt path outside the gate since they were going to be closed. Was nervous about that because there really isn’t much room to begin with. Worried for nothing because the previous millis driver just dropped his trailer across from gate so didn’t have to crush my cab extenders. Just drove down the path dropped trailer and backed out.

6. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    I ended up getting a Cupfone from WeatherTech with the extension so it's elevates up towards you. A little pricey at $35 but Made in USA and very solid. It works and has not broken. Only drawback is it takes up one of your cup holders.

Still undecided Thanks this.
  7. Still undecided

Aug 21, 2019
    Skip the Chargeworx one like I got at Pilot. It wouldn't even attach to the vent and I couldn't find anywhere I could attach it.

8. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    I ain't had one in a good minute and I am happy about that.

MIT Thanks this.
  9. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    I don’t want to take all the credit for dropping the idle % down 1.2% but to me it seems like I did. Only time this week my truck was on was when it was in motion. Luckily I was up north so I enjoy cooler temps.

10. Still undecided

Aug 21, 2019
    I was an underachiever there too, but increased my idle time this week after the batteries died during the night and I needed to charge them up again as well as waiting longer than usual at a fuel stop with 1 line for all the pumps.

11. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Interested to see the new pay scale wonder if it will be in the form of bonuses or increased cpm.

Still undecided Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.