Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Still undecided

Still undecided Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    No, but I found out I couldn't use it at Costco.

MIT Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Still undecided

Aug 21, 2019
    I read that Pilot is the 10th largest company in the US today. I think I'm going to use more of those "free" showers I've been accumulating as well as taking more per breaks at the ones that aren't fuel stops.

MIT Thanks this.
  4. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    New student insisted I pick him up at heartland in Atlanta. I said Cville, he said Atlanta. Knowing that would come back to haunt me I agreed. Well week and a half later need to get home for vacation. Start the morning out in Kiel, WI. He starts the trip down to Atlanta to be dropped off, after 2 hours he gets tired and doesn’t want to drive!!!
    Also fricking idiot drivers who pull onto highway from a dead stop on shoulder should lose their licenses!

dwells40 and Still undecided Thank this.
  5. Still undecided

Aug 21, 2019
    A semi pulled out in front of me from a dead stop today when I was on the interstate. I was just thinking about how I shouldn't have to worry about that before it happened too.

My idle time has gone way up too with being in the heat and in traffic, it looked like I was in Atlanta instead of Chattanooga.

MIT Thanks this.
  6. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Lol my first idle time was 60% when it became a “big thing” but I was sick that week. Last one was 19.8%. I have started asking every week. How do they expect us to change behavior if we don’t have the needed information.

Still undecided Thanks this.
  7. ImTakinHalf

ImTakinHalf Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2018
    This must be a thing lately. I had some fool yesterday merging out ahead of me so I moved to the middle lane to let him over. He decides to just cross all the way over to the middle right in front of me going like 40 and forced me to brake hard to keep from hitting his dumb ##*! I caught up to him with the window rolled down and between the air horn and my gestures I made sure he understood what a moron he was!

8. Still undecided

Aug 21, 2019
    Who did you ask to get the number? I looked at the Qualcom to see what mine was, but I don't know if that's the way they figure it. However they determine it, all that sitting and creeping along in the road construction zones didn't help mine at all.

9. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Asked my dispatcher.

10. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    I hate that the last two times I've been empty on a Sunday morning I've had to nag dispatch for a load. I don't get "NO LOADS AVAILABLE YET" very often anymore, but when I do it's usually on a Saturday and then come Sunday morning I'm begging for freight.

11. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    MIT, you are the one that needs to get home for vacation not the student right? I'm just wondering on that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.