Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Still undecided

Still undecided Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    I usually talk through my mental checklist before connecting or dropping a trailer, especially since I've got one of the trucks with the fifth wheel release that won't work right.

MIT and JOHNQPUBLIC Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    One thing you can do to try and prevent someone from tampering with your 5th wheel handle by pulling on it is set your trailer brakes go forward then set your tractor brakes... it will literally be nearly impossible for them to pull on your handle and release your fifth wheel

4. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    Great idea! The very thing that I do to myself can also potentially frustrate someone else!!!

Still undecided and MIT Thank this.
  5. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Yes I was aware of that tactic too but never got into the habit of it.

6. Still undecided

Aug 21, 2019
    With all the new rules, regulations and policies new drivers face he probably thought he was working smarter instead of harder. He probably won't make this mistake again unless he forgets it.

7. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    I hope not, I’ve been on the fence as to whether he needs a different trainer. He is a good guy but sometimes just seems lazy.

8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    His laziness could get someone killed..that’s definitely something should be brought up to him and if that gets nowhere then talk to management...no laughing matter in this business when it comes to coupling and uncoupling trailers...

9. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    Keep trying with him. Keep reminding him how important these little things are. Now is the time for him to make mistakes now that he has you to watch him. Keep harping on him about safety, if he doesn't get it he should get a new trainer. Not your fault though.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  10. Still undecided

Aug 21, 2019
    I wish I would have started using the vice grips when the brakes won't hold the trailer when sliding the tandem sooner. That's so much easier than all the times I'd drag the trailer around until the brakes would hold.

11. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    I hate calling people out out but this guy pissed me off today. We were in a rush to get to New Jersey stopped real quick to use restroom. And this moron at the Loves in Lodi, OH was nowhere to be found. He was like that for a good ten minutes. ED4AF491-3CDA-4C0B-A807-FC574E2BDC4D.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.