Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Still undecided

Still undecided Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    I've only been there a few times and found it to be as bad as you guys described, including the secret scale code. I also found out you can't charge the scale fee like it says either, and 1234# will work if you don't have the official code.
    Fortunately the yard guys were pretty nice to me when I was there, they'd seen the crowds trying to circle the drop lot looking for a place to drop our trailers and were able to help.
    I think the scale code is in with the directions, not the dispatch info.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York

4. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    I’m happy I’ve never been there!!

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  5. Still undecided

Still undecided Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    I wonder what it's like there in the winter?

6. packersfanmw87

packersfanmw87 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
    Oh, Purina in Crete? One of my first loads coming back to Millis and going through an existential crisis while doing it. Not bad except for the drop lot, haha. Maybe one or two spots available? And only certain ways to get in and out...

7. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Coming back? You left Millis and are back now?

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  8. packersfanmw87

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
    Yeah, the other company just didn't fit right now. I couldn't deal with all the insurance, etc, at this point with my wife being pregnant and everything. Plus parking was a problem and having the Richfield terminal right nearby allows me to get truck work done while I'm sitting at home. Sucks I don't have the potential for more pay (but it seemed with the more expensive insurance and no per diem, etc, it just didn't feel right and I was stressing bad).

So at least the day to day job is familiar again, but I've sort of mentally cracked and stressed big time everyday regretting past decisions, etc. Just trying to figure things out and survive.

9. HaglerFan

HaglerFan Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2020
    I found a couple of opportunities that I liked but the insurance costs were insane so I'd not be making any more money, or in some cases less money.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  10. packersfanmw87

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
    Yeah, make sure you find out that info. I think I still would have come out ahead and gotten home every weekend but it was reefer, running very different than I do at Millis and like I said, parking and having the shop nearby. It was just too much to deal with at once and making sure my wife's pregnancy was covered, etc. Just too many things at once.

HaglerFan Thanks this.
  11. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Can you do midwest regional with Millis and get home every weekend? Not sure if they still have that or maybe the pay isn't good enough.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.