Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Well the sensor was actually replaced a month earlier, no one took the time to document. While at KW they discovers I has a leak in the exhaust manifold that took a day of waiting on right part. Then they discovered I had an engine leak that took several days to get the right part. Got out of there this morning. Woo hoo!

dwells40 and Still undecided Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    So picked up a load going to Texas. Wanted to make it to Joplin CFI, apparently CFI doesn’t want Millis or Heartland using their yards because they will not give us access to the drivers lounge. It’s been 6 months since the purchase and not a single MBA has figured out how to change the locks to allow everyone access.

4. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Sounds like CFI is being bitter crybabies about being bought out. I mean I get it. It sucks. But sometimes you just gotta suck it up and deal.

Still undecided and MIT Thank this.
  5. Still undecided

Still undecided Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    We were down at Pontoon Beach shortly after the sale while I was in training and got in the yard without any problems.

MIT Thanks this.
  6. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Can get into cfi joplin no problem. But to enter building you need an employee badge. We basically just have to hang around the door until someone leaves or enters. There is no security pad to punch in numbers.

7. Still undecided

Still undecided Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    I rarely get to see my sister that lives in St Louis and took advantage of an afternoon off to see her when I was staying at Pontoon Beach once. I got the gate code and got out of to walk over to the pilot to wait for her to pick me up but couldn't get the gate to open on my way back in. A local driver let me in, he said the keypad doesn't work very well and he's had the same problem.

MIT Thanks this.
  8. Rolladawg

Rolladawg Light Load Member

Mar 1, 2023
    NYC
    Ugh, what a pain in the tailpipe!

MIT Thanks this.
  9. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    One thing I have noticed lately is that Swift is slowly replacing Millis at the Molson breweries. Trenton, they easily have more trailers than Millis, Ft Worth Millis got booted out of the B section for the smaller C section. It does explain the wait times for loads near terminals with breweries close by.

10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I bet heartland wants to get rid of the those accounts…

11. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    You would've thought those accounts would be the primary reason for Heartland buying Millis. Those accounts were Millis' bread and butter for decades.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.