Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Sounds like exact same dude. Whats funny is he must've thought i was new or stupid. When he told me he wouldn't give me the bills and after I told him what I thought bout his work ethic, I said no problem I don't need the bills I'll just have dispatch get a copy and I'll stop thru BRF before I deliver.....the look on his face was priceless lmao needless to say I got the bills and the 2pcs of wood were still in the trailer haha

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    :biggrin_2559: I wish I had done that. But like I said, with the student there I decided to keep my mouth shut.

4. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    Well, here's my followup. One gasket was torn and another one missing with the new parts. Hotel time. And back to the watering hole. Truck won't be ready until tomorrow late morning. Crimany.

Suspect Zero and FalconsFan21 Thank this.
  5. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    Training is going well. Ahead of schedule as I’m the only one in class.
    Straight line backing is a breeze, offset was fairly simple. Only murdered 2 cones in 30 passes.
    Blind side parallel is easier than I thought it would be. About 15 completed, went full dummy on one attempt and killed a cone.
    I will start driving and alley dock on Monday.

6. truckermkh

truckermkh Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2018
    New York
    Dang the only one in class? thats awesome as far as getting your practice in. I start the student program with Millis february 26. Very excited and have been following this forum for awhile. Glad to see you're all still happy with millis. Makes me feel good about the company i chose to go with.

7. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    You made a great choice, this place is awesome. Welcome aboard!

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  8. truckermkh

truckermkh Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2018
    New York
    Thanks! Ill be attending the class in Eden, NC

FalconsFan21 and Steelersjunkie Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Why would you have to give your truck up?

10. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    He may have a different answer but when I worked at Millis they would offer to switch you out if your truck would be down for awhile or go into a temporary truck. Happened to me once and I said no, I'll wait. I didn't want to switch trucks and they didn't make me.

My truck was in the shop near my house and I had left it with them when I came home on home time. They found other issues which prolonged the fix.

FalconsFan21 and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I can certainly identify with that though. I probably have the terminal record for how long I’ve been in mine, 11 years and 700k miles later.

Airmech, FalconsFan21 and JOHNQPUBLIC Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.